Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 9 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Paola’s full profile. It’s free!
Just be Happy
I think I am an enthusiastic person. I like to talk, but only if I already met somebody before, a little bit difficult to make the first step. what else? you have to discover it! :)
By the other hand, I am a Computer engineer, I`ve got a master degree in Computer Science. Interested in Security,Forensic analysis,Cloud Computing,Web 2.0,Resilience,Reputation models,Social networks,CSCW... yep.. a geek!
My main philosophy: things happen for one reason; and as Red Hot Chili Pepper ´s song says: "I know for sure that life is beautiful around the world" :)
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I went to a CS dinner, after that I met several people from CS, and I really like the main idea of the project: helping people who visit this place, having a great time together and also showing the important places of the city.
Couch Surfing members:
* Percy Bezold (Peru): We visit lots of places in Rio de Janeiro twice, and also went to Buzios. Nice trip!!
* Marc Solomon (USA): Visit some points of Rio de Janeiro for two days. Cristo Redentor had so many clouds that day!!
* Nelson Gaasch (Belgium): We went to Belo Horizonte, Ouro Preto and Lima (Peru), and of course Rio de Janeiro. Spent almost 2 months together!
* Shafeera Angullia (Emiratos Arabes): Just have one dinner, but it was great!
* Diego Garcia del Rio (Argentina): Visit a few points of Rio de Janeiro. This time Cristo Redentor was awesome! nice time! always a pleasure being with him! :)
*Thomas Andre Patoureaux (France): He is an old friend, but he stayed in our place for Revellion 2009. Great times and parties!
* Stoyan Dobrev (Bulgary): Met him with his friends from Poland, and had great and funny times. I like these guys a lot!
*Rabah Ouiddir (France): We started talking about Rio, and then we became great friends. I am glad to meet this guy!
*Andrew Richmond (US): A dear friend, he stayed in our place for 2 weeks! fofinho!! :)
* Cristina Jimenez (Peru): nice to share time with this girl, super cool!
*Robert Luther - Dinner in Ipanema
*Diego Casanova - Show de U2 covers unplugged + Lapa!
* James Starkey: Spent carnival week in Rio de Janeiro... great "flaco loco"!!
Non CS members, but all done was quite the same:
* Tilo Jackmann (Alemania-Austria): We visit all the important places in RJ and Niteroi.
* Alexander Gallardo (Peru): Stayed at my place and we all have fun!
* Maribel Tafur (Peru): Amiga de Katia, muy divertida.
*Raphaël Pflieger (France) a dear friend, ex flatmatte, very nice guy!
and i stayed at Cristiana Campanha´s couch one week in july 2008. I must say that Cris has a great apartment, always with guest and she is the best!
Also i went to Petropolis and Johnny Ferreira took us to nice places there!! he is a great host!!
1)I like to travel: I am very lucky because I visited a lot of nice places... and there is thousand more that i have to go!
2) I love music: like a lot starting my day listen great music on my ipod and sing them... even if all the people in the bus could hate me.
3)I enjoy museums: I try to visit them in every city I´ve been.
4) I like movies and some TV shows: Make me rest... but i do preffer tv shows haha sorry, i can´t be concentrated too much time!
5) I love my career: These are the topics that currently I am interested in: cloud Computing, security and networking issues, web 2.0,resilience engineering,virtual comunities, reputation, recommendation, social matching,social network.
6) I enjoy running close the beach: the best thing to be relaxed.
7) I know how to dance spanish dances... who wants to dance with me?
Music, Movies, and Books
Movies:I like plenty of great movies, specially thrillers, comedy, romantic and policial.
Music: Love U2!!! and also rock/pop music. A little bit of salsa, merengue and cumbia.
Books: at this time I only have enough time for reading books of my carreer... but I always will remember two wonderful books that helped me: "Volar sobre el pantano" and "El Principito".
Ahh..some books of Bruno Latour... (Science in action, Pandora´s hope) amazing!
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
amazing things I have seen/done:
* U2 Concert: The best thing ever!!! Love you Bono forever!
* Visit Cuba: My first trip alone...wonderful St Valentine´s day :P
* Visit Cuzco: Peruvian pride!! you have to go!
* Visit Disney World, Sea World and Universal Studios (Orlando): a childhood dream come true!
* Cristo Redentor: I really loved the first time I met him. Every day I see him, i remember that day.... without words and so amazing!!
Teach, Learn, Share
be honest... that's all.... on whatever you are going to do, and whatever you have to say.
Just care of whatever people who loves you say/think
Countries I’ve Visited
Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Cuba, Peru, United States, Uruguay
Countries I’ve Lived In
Bolivia, Brazil, Peru