Wants to Meet Up
- Last login about 3 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Povilas’s full profile.
Hi there! We're a couple who have been steadily-yet-slowly exploring the world for the last four years while balancing our online work. Currently, we're in a bit of a curious stage - trying to piece together what exactly we're seeking in this vast world. Fancy a meet-up to bounce ideas off each other, reshape our to-do or to-be lists, or simply ponder life's big questions?
After all this time on the move, we've realized that travel for us isn't the ultimate goal, but more of a pathway to better understand ourselves and the complexities of the world.
Here's the compass we follow:
1. We value first-principle thinking over mere knowledge sharing. Quick, pressure-filled responses aren't our style. Instead, we enjoy focusing on abstract connections and engaging in conversations as a shared exploratory process, despite it being challenging and slow sometimes.
2. We prioritize understanding another's perspective over instantly rejecting conflicting ideas. While we respect emotionally driven beliefs and questioning, we have a higher regard for scientific knowledge (when available) or reason (when not oversimplifies the case).
3. We believe that all moral decisions are personal and warrant a degree of protection from scrutiny. In our view, being a 'bad guy' isn't objectively worse than being a 'good guy'.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Looking for good questions instead of good answers.
- computer science
- social psychology
- complex systems
- systems theory
- finding a place to settle
Music, Movies, and Books
🎶: Everything except for pop and rap (fav atm: Gogo Penguin, and most of Gondwana Records).
📚: Sci-fi and Academic. Lately, too much anxiety from reading, so started writing instead.
🎶: French rap
📚: Fiction books, also podcasts (e.g. the Huberman podcast, Simply Podlogical)
🎬: Westworld, The Wire, Black Mirror, Dark (German TV series)
Teach, Learn, Share
We can teach some un-common sense :)
Countries I’ve Visited
Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Czech Republic, Germany, Italy, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Bulgaria, France, Greece, Lithuania, Sweden, United States