Maybe Accepting Guests
- 60% response rate
- Last login 5 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Paul’s full profile. It’s free!
Learning Scottish Gaelic and Dothraki
Im a 25 years old guy,I have lived in Edinburgh for a year on Erasmus and this has been the best year of my life (and the best experience too).
I've never been good at description..er..I would say I am a feminist, leftist, wine drinker, beer enthusiast...I discovered I enjoy the company of others more than anything, I have been told I am very friendly, open-minded, I can be shy but also very out-going.
I wish I had lived in the seventies (but the twenties looked pretty good too)
I don't really know..just trying to live in accordance with my aspirations, desires...(cheesy I know).
I could say "Know yourself", or Carpe Diem (which is not an Hedonisitic exhortation)...
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I often host friends, friends of friends/relatives at my parents' place.
I have been to Berlin where I couchsurfed for a week, I also have welcomed people in Edinburgh.
All in all Couchsurfing has been, is and will continue to be a really positive experience.
I really enjoy reading, but also meeting new people, new places... I am currently learning to juggle, learning bits and pieces of different languages.
- study abroad
Music, Movies, and Books
Velvet Goldmine, The night of the hunter, Le roi et l'oiseau, A rear window, Breakfast at Tifanny's, Harry Potter (and a great number of Almodovar, Tim Burton, Hitchcock's movies)
David Bowie, Lou Reed, Indochine, Placebo, Telephone, The Rolling Stones, T-rex, Siguesiguespoutnik, The Beatles, Electronicat, Bonaparte, psytrance, goa ect
The Royal Assassin, Harry Potter, Lady Chatterley's lover, Howards end, Misery, The Dark Tower, Simone de Beauvoir,
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I have met wonderful people on the course of those last 5 years, my life would not be the same without them, here are things I made thanks to them:
- I have been on an European trip when I was 18 with a friend, we slept on the river banks of Utrecht and then in a garden somewhere around Utrecht.
- on that same trip I have been to a squat party in Berlin (and then lost my way and wandered all night)
- I once baked a tiramisu (or what my Italian friend called a fakeramisu) for a hundred people. And also a chocolate cake
- I haves tasted amazing sea food in Memphis (if you happen to be there you want to check Pearl's oyster house).
- I have travelled in a Greyhound bus for 24 hours straight (from Illinois to New Orleans).. I don't know if this qualifies as amazing though.
Teach, Learn, Share
To share is to care
Countries I’ve Visited
Czech Republic, Germany, Netherlands, Poland, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
France, United Kingdom, United States