Wants to Meet Up
- Last login about 7 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Pawel’s full profile. It’s free!
To see the World and meet the People before I die.
I like to think I am a person of variety. I am addicted to difference, multitude and poligeneity. Every day of my life has to be unlike the one before it and the one after it. Anything short of that bores me.
I BELIEVE THAT...
- Cities, not nations, are a measure of human ambition. They are the laboratories of united heterogeneity. They are live organisms, growing, flowing and everchanging. They are, ultimately, homes, and even more importantly, the people who reside in them.
- Patriotism, which is just a pretty synonym for Nationalism, is one of the few things keeping us from really loving one another. I'd rather desert or go to jail than kill people I don't know for a few corrupt people who own our countries. I would fight for those whom I love.
- Home is wherever I am. If I ever step into your house, it will be my home for as long as I will be there. I want to carry my home with me, literally and figuratively.
And whenever I am, you are welcome too.
- Traveling is not a hobby! It is a life!! If people call you immature, or a bum because you dont want to have to pay a credit debt for the reat of your life, just smile, nod politely, and walk away.
- I love to fly, but it is not even traveling, but simply teleporting from one airport to another. To travel is to have the earth under your feet, see the trees pass you buy and feel people's warmth on your skin and in your heart.
- Nature is extraordinary. A solitude amidst its grandiose is liberating. However, sharing that experience with another person who sees it in a different way is completely necessary.
- Capitalism is a notion in which money are no longer a helpful part of living but, for many people, a reason to live. People devote their existance to multiplying something that has no real value. I find that sad. Socialism is demonized, although it has NEVER been put into practice.
People are wonderful until money comes into play.
- Money, an abundance of money can buy you almost everything, but none of which has any real value, because no object has value unless you believe you can lose it. The same goes with people I am afraid. This is why CS is such a wonderful thing. You meet a person somewhere in the world. You talk, you share, you smile. And every second of that time is precious, because you know that soon enough it will have to end.
- Attachment of any kind is potentially disastrous, but still we need it more than we need air. If you miss someone, it means that you love them, so smile and celebrate them. "Hold on tightly, let go lightly" said the bard, and I intend to live his words.
- Love is not the most important thing in our lives. It is the only thing.
...For more, just reach into my brain with a plastic spoon... (and recycle it afterwards)
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I try to prove to myself and everyone else that we are basically ALL the same in our hearts. We only differ in the exterior - color, language, ideas, neuroses - but inside... we have the same passions and the need to feel a universal love, and to give it equally.
- Great Britain in Summer of 2006
- Western Europe in Summer of 2007.
- Balkanavia - Scandinavia and Balcans 2008!
- Around Spanish coasts 2009
- Camino de Santiago (Frances) 2010
- Kenya Voluntary Work 2011
BIMERICANA 2012!!! (USA, Canada, South America) THE TRIP I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR ALL MY LIFE!! JUST ME, A BACKPACK, AND YOU!!
I will be traveling around North America to Central and South America for an unspecified number of years to come. CouchSurfers will be my home. I hope you are among them...
As of October 2016, after living in Mexico City for 3 years, and traveling all around North America, I am in Austin for my final months here before moving down to explore SOUTH AMERICA. Super excited!!!
Apart from the usual stuff (music, film, photography, books, traveling..blah blah blah) I guess I am interested in people. I am a city person. Nature is wonderful, but it lacks the most important ingredient: a companion to talk to and share this life with.
Music, Movies, and Books
I guess I will tell you in person. But dont ask me "what kind of music I listen to" because I will tell you "this and that". Better just play me something and we will go from there.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Teach, Learn, Share
I am still a student of life more than teacher. However, I can teach you how to travel cheaply and meaningfully, hitchhike, dance like an idiot, to be optimistic to the point of naivety.
I love to collaborate with people in any adventures and artistic endeavours, cooking, hugging, and I am willing to learn anything you can teach me.
What I Can Share with Hosts
Everything. Call me on that, I dare you!!
Countries I’ve Visited
Albania, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Kenya, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Kenya, Mexico, Poland