Wants to Meet Up
- Last login about 9 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Pawel’s full profile. It’s free!
To see the World and meet the People before I die.
I like to think I am a person of variety. I am addicted to difference, multitude and poligeneity. Every day of my life has to be unlike the one before it and the one after it. Anything short of that bores me.
I BELIEVE THAT...
- Cities, not nations, are a measure of human ambition. They are the laboratories of united heterogeneity. They are live organisms, growing, flowing and everchanging. They are, ultimately, homes.
- Patriotism, which is just a pretty synonym for Nationalism, is one of the few things keeping us from really loving one another. I'd rather desert or go to jail than kill people I don't know for a few corrupt people who own our countries. I would fight for those whom I love.
- Home is wherever I am. If I ever step into your house, it will be my home for as long as I will be there. I want to carry my home with me, literally and figuratively.
- Traveling is not a hobby! It is a life!! If people call you immature, or a bum because you dont want to have to pay a credit debt for the reat of your life, just tell them FUCK OFF in their respective language.
- Marriage is at best unnecessary, and at worst a cynical assumption that you must sign a contract to make your lover believe you really love them.
- Flying an airplane is not traveling, but teleporting from one airport to another. To travel is to have the earth under your feet, see the trees pass you buy and feel people's warmth on your skin and in your heart.
- Nature is extraordinary. A solitude amidst its grandiose is liberating. However, sharing that experience with another person who sees it in a different way is completely necessary.
- Capitalism is a notion in which money are no longer a helpful part of living but, for many people, a reason to live. People devote their existance to multiplying something that has no real value. I find that sad. Socialism is demonized, although it has NEVER been put into practice.
- Money, an abundance of money can buy you almost everything, but none of which has any real value, because no object has value unless you believe you can lose it. The same goes with people I am afraid. This is why CS is such a wonderful thing. You meet a person somewhere in the world. You talk, you share, you smile. And every second of that time is precious, because you know that soon enough it will have to end.
- Attachment of any kind is unhealthy. "Hold on tightly, let go lightly" said the bard, and I intend to live his words.
- One does not need religion to be a spiritual being
...For more, just reach into my brain...
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I try to prove to myself and everyone else that we are basically ALL the same in our hearts. We only differ in the exterior - color, language, ideas, neuroses - but inside... we have the same passions and the need to feel a universal love, and to give it equally.
- Great Britain in Summer of 2006
- Western Europe in Summer of 2007.
- Balkanavia - Scandinavia and Balcans 2008!
- Around Spanish coasts 2009
- Camino de Santiago (Frances) 2010
- Kenya Voluntary Work 2011
BIMERICANA 2012!!! (USA, Canada, South America) THE TRIP I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR ALL MY LIFE!! JUST ME, A BACKPACK, AND YOU!!
I will be traveling around North America to Central and South America for an unspecified number of years to come. CouchSurfers will be my home. I hope you are among them...
Apart from the usual stuff (music, film, photography, books, traveling..blah blah blah) I guess I am interested in people. I am a city person. Nature is wonderful, but it lacks the most important ingredient: a companion to talk to and share this life with.
Music, Movies, and Books
I guess I will tell you in person. But dont ask me "what kind of music I listen to" because I will tell you "this and that". Better just play me something and we will go from there.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Teach, Learn, Share
I have nothing to teach that I am aware of. I am still a student of life.
I would like to learn how to get along with everybody, how to be helpful to others.
Also, languages, circus tricks and music :)
Countries I’ve Visited
Albania, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Kenya, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Kenya, Mexico, Poland