Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 4 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Pedro Ivo’s full profile. It’s free!
Making a better world, one beer at a time!
Pedro Ivo: born and raised in the Amazon, eventually moved to the big city. Love nature but also love urban landscapes and all the energy they have. People say I'm a good cook.Marina: contemporary dancer and actress, all emotions.Fredo and Frida: french bulldogs, full of energy, in constant need of love and atention.This is our family. If you do decide to stay with us you'd better love dogs, because we have two and they have a lot of energy, meaning they'll try to catch your attention anyway they can, even if that means throwing themselves over you (or eating your shoes - true story!). So, if you think you can face this, be welcome to our home!
Quality over quantity - specially when it comes to beer.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I used to participate a lot... Hosting, organizing stuff, helping with the translation of the site. I kind of burned off. Nowadays I must say I'm taking a much more relaxed approach to CS. I still host every now and then, and am still active in Rio's forum, but nowhere like the old days.
I've surfed a few couches on my travels, and have hosted quite a lot of people as well, so far the experience has been nothing but amazing.
travel, for sure ;) also cooking, reading, dancing when I have the time.
- world cup
Music, Movies, and Books
movies: Kubryck, Eastwood, Scorcese, Tarantino, Meirelles, Coppola, Jonze, Aronofsky, Almodóvar, Iñarritu, PT Anderson, Wes Anderson.
music: radiohead, franz ferdinand, strokes, pixies, the killers.. I´m also really fond of brazilian music, especially samba, and artists such as Jorge Ben, Gilberto Gil, Chico Buarque, Novos Baianos, Nação Zumbi, Mundo Livre SA, etc.
books: wide interests. I read quite a lot of biographys and other non-fictional stuff, anything that seems interesting. cooking books, I have quite a few of those too. and comic books, lots of, all over the house.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
* Help baby turtles get out of their nests in the Amazon.
* The Sallar de Uyuni (salt desert) in Bolivia covered with an inch of water - the biggest water mirror in Earth.
* The sand dunes in the Sahara Desert.
* Cordoba's Cathedral, in Spain.
* Rio's carnival - actually, Rio anytime!
* World Cup in Germany.
* Parasailing in Rio.
* Sleeping under the stars in a terrace in Marrakesh - and being awake at dawn by the sound of the Arabs praying.
* La Alhambra, in Granada, Spain.
* Sailing from Cartagena/Colombia to San Blas/Panama, and then spending a few days with the Kuna indians.
* bike riding for a week in Austria, along the Danube, really nice experience.
* Eating stuffed mussels in the streets of Istambul at 5am - what a city.. just can't find the words to describe it!
* The Topkapı Palace, in Istambul. It can't get any more baroque then this.
Teach, Learn, Share
I can teach you how to make homemade beer! Isn't that cool??
Countries I’ve Visited
Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Morocco, Netherlands, Panama, Peru, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In