Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 4 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Jean-philippe’s full profile. It’s free!
Laura says I'm fat...
I like meeting people (Radiohead say Meeting People Is Easy), especially around a glass of something and I like going out with friends to places where we can talk (meaning no clubs). I read and write in my free time (and sometimes am not free because I have to write), play the guitar as a hobby, enjoy unofficial jams with friends and snowboard when I have a chance. I moved to Montreal for studies and have been in Liege for the same reason; I love my student life. I also like to cook vegetarian meals (and eating them is just as fun...!).
Philo: Apprendre jusqu'à ce que mort s'ensuive.
Why: Parce qu'on m'a mis là. Maintenant que j'y suis, autant faire ce que je peux pour comprendre tout ça.
Feelings: Toutes sortes, pas mal tout me passe par le corps.
Thoughts: Ouf... ce qui passe par le corps passe par la tête.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
Host and surf, verified location (although it seems to be a problem when you're abroad), talk about the community to reliable people, give feedback on people. Just a regular member...!
- hosting people breaks stereotypes
- discoveries (on the world, on your hometown, on yourself, on people in general)
- although it may sometimes be challenging, it's definitely worth it.
- Literature (particularly contemporary poetry / formes orales de la poésie contemporaines and essay)
- Languages and travel, do I even need to mention this?
- I'm not a big sport fan, but I snowboard a lot and love soccer.
Music, Movies, and Books
- Rockland, Les Receleurs, Tony Tremblay
- Géométrie des cataclysmes, Stéphane Jean
- La Vie liquide, Véronique Cyr
- Moments fragiles, Jacques Brault
- Prochain épisode, Hubert Aquin
- Les Cendres bleues, Jean-Paul Daoust
- Le Corps, comme une terre ouverte, Marie-Claire Bancquart
- N'évoque plus que le désenchantement de ta ténèbre, mon si pauvre Abel, Victor-Lévy Beaulieu
These are some texts that made a difference in my understanding of the world.
- imagine some band names here; like, lots of them. (+++)
- and some movies here (but I don't watch a lot of tv)
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Saved Carterie. I think he was worth it. haha.
Anything can be amazing, really: from reading a good book on the train to meeting my favorite band in real.
Teach, Learn, Share
Tell me about yourself and what you like; teach me your language and culture.
GIve me some new music!
- Hi: Bonjour
- Please: S'il-vous-plaît
- Thanks: Merci
- Nice to meet you: Enchanté
- Cheers: Santé
- See you: Au revoir
Countries I’ve Visited
Belgium, France, Germany, Netherlands, Peru
Countries I’ve Lived In