Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 6 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Serene ’s full profile. It’s free!
Put more names in the 'countries I've visited' part.
I'm a Thai college student living in Bangkok. People always say I am way too energetic and active for my body size (I'm 157 cm tall or about 5'2"), very friendly, bubbly, and sweet. I love travelling, meeting new people, talking, sharing stuff and expanding my perspective.
My all time passion is learning languages. I once met a guy who also have the same goal of speaking as many languages as we can, he told me that once his mom found out about this she went like, 'nah... you don't love languages, you just love TALKING'. And that was just SOOOO true! Hahaha :D I just love talking! I feel so good every time I have meaningful conversations - some of them simply change the way I see this world.
80% of my thoughts are from Buddhadasa Bhikkhu. He studied the words of Buddha and then explain them in 'normal' language. This is one of my favourites:
We should behave toward our fellow human beings as if they…
Were born, and will grow old, suffer and die, like us
Enduring the wheel of existence, of samsara
Living under the power of attachments, like us
Subject to desire, rage, and delusion, and
Careless in their ways, like us
Having no idea why they were born, as we have no idea
Stupid in some things, as we are sometimes stupid
Indulging their own whims, as we indulge ours
Wanting to be good, perhaps prominent, even famous
Taking advantage of opportunities to take advantage of others, like us.
They have the right to be crazy, to get drunk, to become obsessed
They are ordinary people who cling to this or that, as we do
They are under no obligation to suffer or die in our place
They are our fellow citizens, in secular and spiritual realms
They behave sometimes in haste, carelessly, like us
They have the duty to be responsible for their families, not for ours
The have the right to their own tastes, their own definition of well-being
They have the right to choose (even their religion) to suit themselves
They have the right to a share of public resources equal to our share
The right to be insane, in the world’s opinion, as do we
The right to seek our help, and pity, and compassion
The right to our forgiveness, depending upon the merits of the case
The right to be socialists, or liberals,
To think of themselves before they think of others
They have the right to every right we claim, to live in this world.
Could we all but think this way, conflict and discord would not arise.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I haven't had any experience yet, but am looking forward to having great ones with you guys!
Oh I already put one in the section above! But I know you wouldn't mind that lol. Things that keep my life going on are:
1) Music: I played the trombone in high school marching band. We even won the world champ once! Yayyy!!! I kept playing even when I was an exchange student in Denmark. Music really bring people together and bond them up, that's why I love it so much.
2) Travelling: I know you have this same voice telling you to just go somewhere every time you know you have holidays. So no need to write much here I guess.
3) Philosophy: I always think, mostly overthink, about life, the world we're living in, what we're doing here, what's the point, and so on. Reading philosophy is a way to relieve these curiousities. I'm a buddhist but I'm also studying other religions. They are interesting. The details are quite different but they answer the same question: how to live happily?
4) Fitness&Health: I'm a girl and that's why I gotta stay strong! Just in case I need to fight the bad guys you know... I do yoga, I was in the uni rowing team, and I'll admit I'm one of those workout freaks. But what do you do when you have so much energy packed in? Come on!
5) Medicine: now this is what my life is actually about. I'm studying Applied Thai Traditional Medicine, which means I'm studying Thai medicine along with Western medicine. Now I've already been on this journey to my childhood dream for 3 years. Only 1 more year to go and I'll officially be a doctor! Isn't that exciting!? :D
Music, Movies, and Books
Hmmmm. I don't really have specific type here. I enjoy any kind of music and movies - except ones with ghosts, scare the sh** out of me every time. And for books, I go along well with them, and I try to read as much as I can. Because reading gives us some place to go when we have to stay where we are :)
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I once decided to go to Chiang Mai (8 hours on bus from bkk up north) spontaneously just because I was so done of Bangkok and all the works here. I went to a farm called mindful farm and literally it offers mindfulness. I was there for 5 days without phone, internet, or anything other than the nature and the people in and around the farm. That was when I realized that I could survive the world without struggling too much. Just need to be with yourself and you can enjoy even complete silence.
Teach, Learn, Share
Ha! If you seek somebody to share, you're already with the right person!
Teach: my job is a tutor. I teach English to Thai kids and Thai to foreigners. So if you're interested in the Thai language or just anything Thai, please, just ask. And as I've mentioned above I am studying Thai medicine, therefore I can both give and teach you a genuine court-type Thai massage ;)
Learn: there are so many things I want to learn I'd rather sum it up as everything possible.
Countries I’ve Visited
Cambodia, China, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Germany, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, South Korea
Countries I’ve Lived In