Not Accepting Guests
- Last login about 9 years ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Angela’s full profile. It’s free!
Earning my second master's degree
I'm an individual on a couple of serious missions in life: Third World development and gender equality. I'm fortunate to have traveled and enjoyed myself a lot so far, and I don't plan on stopping.
I wouldn't be happy in my life if I weren't doing something to help others and make this world a better place. I'm also self-indulgent often. I think the middle path is the way to go.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I have hosted couch surfers and couch surf myself.
I have extensive couch surfing experience but only recently registered on this site. I love traveling and staying in people's homes. I also really enjoy hosting.
Art, dancing a lot at every opportunity -- appropriate or not, honesty, activism, singing, playing piano and guitar, traveling and random wandering, geeking out, getting lost on purpose, being silly, going out to hear live music, alternative communities (cooperatives) and lifestyles, yoga, swimming, red wine, organic food, being naughty (upon occasion), meeting people from all walks of life, gardening, consciousness expansion, striving for inner peace, vegging out with mind-numbing TV from time to time, playing with pets (even though some of them make me sneeze), digging on how much cool shit there is in the world that people are constantly suprising me with, making things happen instead of waiting for things to happen, trying to be a good friend (not one of those flaky ones), massages, sushi, playing with kids, learning new languages, traveling, etc.
- red wine
- organic food
- live music
Music, Movies, and Books
Hip Hop, Drum&Bass, Classical, Folk -- international, Punk, Jazz, Blue Grass, Many types of Latin -- especially Brazilian. Playing instruments and making noice with whatever objects or body parts are at my disposal.
"La Vita e Bella" "Cinema Paraiso" "Much Ado About Nothing" "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" "Waking Life" "Crooklyn" "La Vida es Bella" "Much Ado About Nothing" "Like Water for Chocolate" "An Inconvenient Truth" "Don't be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood" "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" "Rocky Horror Picture Show" "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon" "In the Name of the Father" "El Crimen del Padre Amaro" "Bella Epoca" "Frida" "City of God" "Apoloypse Now" "Dangerous Liaisons" "Snatch" "Trainspotting" "Akira Kurosawa's Dreams" "South Park""Freeway" "Maria Full of Grace"
"A Confederacy of Dunces" "Cunt" "On the Road" "Leaves of Grass" "Alice in Wonderland" "Even Cowgirls Get the Blues" "Understanding Comics"
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I saw my best friend's baby be born.
Teach, Learn, Share
For your information and possible use.
I would like to tell you of the benefits of 3% peroxide (which you can get for under $1.00 at any drug store). What does bleach cost? Have you ever smelled bleach in a doctor's office? NO!!! Why? Because it smells, and it is not healthy!
Did you also know bleach was invented in the late 40's? It's chlorine, and it was used to kill our troops. Peroxide was invented during WWI in the 20's. It was used to save and help cleanse the needs of our troops and hospitals. Please think about this.
1. Take one capful (the little white cap that comes with the bottle) and hold in your mouth for 10 minutes daily, then spit it out. No more canker sores, and your teeth will be whiter without expensive pastes. Use it instead of mouthwash.
2. Let your toothbrushes soak in a cup of peroxide to keep them free of germs.
3. Clean your counters and table tops with peroxide to kill germs and leave a fresh smell. Simply put a little on your dishrag when you wipe, or spray it on the counters.
4. After rinsing off your wooden cutting board, pour peroxide on it to kill salmonella and other bacteria.
5. To cure fungus on your feet, spray a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water on them (especially the toes) every night and let dry.
6. Soak any infections or cuts in 3% peroxide for five to ten minutes several times a day.
7. Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water and keep it in every bathroom to disinfect without harming your septic system like bleach or most other disinfectants will.
8. Tilt your head back and spray into nostrils with your 50/50 mixture whenever you have a cold, plugged sinus. It will bubble and help to kill the bacteria. Hold for a few minutes, and then blow your nose into a tissue.
9. If you have a terrible toothache and cannot get to a dentist right away, put a capful of 3% peroxide into your mouth and hold it for ten minutes several times a day. The pain will lessen greatly.
10. And of course, if you like a natural look to your hair, spray the 50/50 solution on your wet hair after a shower and comb it through. You will not have the peroxide-burnt blonde hair like the hair dye packages but more natural highlights if your hair is a light brown, faddish, or dirty blonde. It also lightens gradually, so it's not a drastic change.
11. Put half a bottle of peroxide in your bath to help rid boils, fungus, or other skin infections.
12. You can also add a cup of peroxide instead of bleach to a load of whites in your laundry to whiten them. If there is blood on clothing, pour it directly on the soiled spot. Let it sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with cold water. Repeat if necessary.
13. You can use peroxide to clean your mirrors. There is no smearing.
These are just some uses.
Just Don't Drink it. It not good for that purpose.