- 27% response rate
- Last login 5 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Prateek’s full profile. It’s free!
Explore At Least One New Country Every Year
Apart from being an avid explorer, I am an IT professional, a certified massage therapist, and have certification in professional photography.
I am a vegetarian. I am open minded. I don't make big goals in life as I take it as it comes. Still I wouldn't mind if one day I start to make a million bucks (or more) a year :)
~Be good and good things will happen to you.
~ When in doubt follow your heart.
~Be informed, think through always but don't worry too much as outcome is generally out of your hands.
~One can never know enough so keep learning.
~Smile yourself and spread it around too.
~Be opinionated about anything but with a good reason.
~Be flexible because opinions can and should change at times.
~Only take what you like and agree with, but allow others to do the same and be different from you.
~When in love, make it special.
~It's only one life so see as much of world as you can :).
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
Couch Surfing is a great tool to meet cool people. I have found travel partners on this site and I have hosted many travelers, including many first time surfers. I have surfed a few times as well. When I can, I attend CS events.
I found other travelers who were also going to Barbados at the same time as me and we meet up there and even took part in a beach cricket tournament together playing for a team we formed. It was so much fun. I have met other cool people too, some that I have hosted and some I just met for a coffee.
List is long,
- Traveling and sports are on top and lately I have tried to combine my travel with a sporting event if I could.
- Photography, reading, and learning are close second. Actually all of these so far can be called my passions.
- I enjoy giving and/or receiving massages (I am a massage therapist after all).
- I write when in mood and when creative juices are flowing.
- I love to go driving on long stretches with music on.
- I love building collections (I got some)
- Dancing (even if I never knew how to :))
- Roller coasters
- Great conversations
- Meeting people and I really love making others laugh
- rock climbing
- world cup
- emergency services
Music, Movies, and Books
So many really. Almost all type of movies from animation to horror, from indie to foreign. I read both fiction and non-fiction books. I still love comic books and I enjoy anything that's interesting, well written and has something to say.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
One thing? Here are some..
- Ending up on a wrong beach in Karnataka, India and then spending a night of unexpected adventure
- Hiking until dark in Acadia National Park & then using small cell phones screen lights to find our way out
- Going underground in city of Napoli
- Being super cold in Vancuover
- Attending live lectures by men like Neil Armstrong and Dalai Lama
- Getting stuck for extra night in Korčula Island and then getting to see Moreška Sword Dance for free
- Pre-dawn tour of Temples of Abu Simbal
- Landing in an angry farmer's field after hot air balloon lost control
- Playing beach cricket in Barbados
- Climbing up the Wayna Pitchu mountain and walking through clouds
- Kayaking in Halong Bay and than being abandoned there by the tour boat
- Getting interrogated by police in Buenos Aires while they didn't know English and I wasn't good in Spanish :) [We ended up being friends :)]
- Being there in Stadium when Germany thrashed Brazil 7-1 in the famous semifinal of 2014 FIFA world cup
- Spending a day hiking right in the middle of an active volcanic zone in New Zealand
....And many more
Teach, Learn, Share
I can teach...
! Photography basics,
! Introduction to massage,
! Computer fundamentals,
! Maths, and
! Pretty much all about cricket (sport not the insect ok :).
What I Can Share with Hosts
Moments to remember!
Countries I’ve Visited
Argentina, Australia, Barbados, Brazil, Canada, Croatia, Egypt, India, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Puerto Rico, Sri Lanka, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In
India, United States