- 92% response rate
- Last login about 1 hour ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Thomas’s full profile. It’s free!
Born and raised in Montreal, life gave me the chance to have parents who brought us abroad at an early age.
I have a little brother, Laurent Goyette-Levac, who is also on CS (and he cooks very well!)
For now, I study in a wonderful program of the European Union that brings me to universities of 3 different countries (Belgium, France and Sweden) during a period of 2 years with colleagues from all around the world!
Also, I'm passionate about a lot of subjects!
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
The benefits of CS, in my opinion, largely surpass its risks.
When you have a complete profile, you receive only requests from people you enjoy!
I discovered my own city by hosting couchsurfers.
I visited them back and shared very good experiences.
I could certainly afford hostels but I prefer to use CS and spend this money on transport to make more travels since it will count more in the end.
Hosted in Nancy:
- Sabrina and Jean-Luc (The Maritimes, Canada);
- Thomas (France);
- Abdel Majid (Morroco);
- Vincent (France);
- Lucie and Loic (France);
- Christina, Elina (Greece) and Juan (Spain);
- Frederic (France);
- Lena & Andreas (Switzerland);
- Ugo & Roland (France);
Hosted in Montreal:
- Marie & 2 friends (France);
- Aku, Jani & Emma (Finland);
- Chanelle (France);
- Deborah (Belgium);
- Tereza & Athena (Czech Republic & China);
- Suzanne (Belgium);
- Florian (France);
- Horace (New York);
- Tom (Belgium);
- Kali (New Zealand);
- Bastien (France);
- Pauline and Clara (France);
- Cynthia & 2 friends (Quebec City).
Hosted and surfed in return (the best of Couchsurfing!!)
- Pierre (in Montreal with his sister and back to Paris with his girlfriend);
- Iljana (in Montreal with 4 friends and back to Toronto, Canada);
- Karolin (in Montreal and back to Kissing, Germany);
Private tour of Montreal:
- Mathilde (France);
- Leah (France);
- Donna (Philadelphia);
- Slawa (in Varna, Bulgaria);
- Peter (in Brasov, Romania);
- Leo (in Stockholm, Sweden);
- Coralie (in Clermont-Ferrand, France);
- Jeffrey (in Hawaii);
- Kelvin (in Toronto, Canada);
- George (in Stockholm, along with my dear friend Ziba Simone);
- Astrea (in Oslo, Norway);
- Caroline (in Rouyn-Noranda, Quebec);
- Ivana (in Macedonia (or in Fyrom for the Greeks));
- Kostas (in Athens);
- Umer (in Zurich);
- Joel (in Strasbourg, France);
- Yu (in Linkopings, Sweden);
- Mathieu (in Montpellier, France);
- Maeva (in Plozevet, Britanny, France);
- Thomas (in Nantes, France);
- Sergio (in La Rochelle, France);
- Bastien (in Biarritz, France);
- Guillaume (in Paris, France);
- Thomas (in Paris, France).
Sports: Bicycling, swimming, running, hockey, skiing, scuba diving, climbing and making human towers. I'm learning how to dance.
Culture: History, geopolitics, watching documentaries, learning foreign languages. My curiosity has no limit and general culture is SO important that it is an end in itself!
I also love to discover new food and do many different sports.
- scuba diving
- rock climbing
Music, Movies, and Books
A Beautiful Mind, BABEL, C.R.A.Z.Y., Elvis Gratton, Good Bye, Lenin!, Incendies, Joyeux Noël, La vità è bella, Schindler's List, Mommy,
Traditional, engaged, Québecois, French, Latin and foreign languages music, mostly. If it plays a lot in the radio, you can be sure it's not on my phone.
Boris Vian, Beau Dommage, Calle 13, Clueso, Georges Brassens, Gilles Vigneault, Jacques Brel, Jean Ferrat, Jean Leloup, Les Cowboys Fringants, Loco Locass, Manu Chao, Manu Militari, Mes Aïeux, Renaud, Serge Gainsbourg, Stromae, Tiken Jah Fakoly
Books and theater:
Tales of injustice and how ordinary people fought against it move me a lot. Cien años de soledad (Marquez), Germinal (Zola), Las venas abiertas de América Latina (Galeano), Les Belles-Soeurs (Tremblay), Les Misérables (Hugo), War and Peace (Tolstoi).
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
-Spend Christmas in the family of a French couchsurfer (whom I hosted in Montreal during Summer) while she spent Christmas in my family so that none of us felt lonely studying abroad in each other's country;
-Going from Montreal to Quebec City 3 times by bicycle in winter!;
-Visiting each 18 Quebec regions and 10 Canadian provinces at least once;
-Running for the Green Party of Quebec during the 2008 Quebec general elections at 18 years old.
Teach, Learn, Share
I am willful to share my perpectives on my background but also a whole range of domains that I have an emotional connexion to and forged my understanding the world: history and politics especially, psychology, environment, philosophy, ethics, sociology, anthropology and anything that would stimulate me intellectually or simply funny!
I don't like small talk or superficial stuff. I like wordplays a lot. In some sort, I collection the words. Open-minded, funny people who like to discuss a variety of subjects are definitely people I want to hang out with!
What I Can Share with Hosts
I always bring some presents and try to get informed about the person. I love to surf and host and return.
I have much more pleasure to give than to receive, but it has to start somewhere!
Countries I’ve Visited
Albania, Austria, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Belgium, Canada, France, Sweden