Not Accepting Guests
- 100% response rate
- Last login 10 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Ranko’s full profile.
I'm crazy busy, so please don't take offense if I can't host you on a particular date. I spend most of my time away from Belgrade, due to the nature of my job. Also, I'm juggling several jobs/projects so not likely to show you around/hang out
Otherwise... I'm sort of ok. Not very funny. More like... grumpy.
Do not ask to be hosted if you have other options. I host people on short notice, in trouble or otherwise needing help and if you schedule then never show up - you are messing up with lot of fellow travelers.
I used to answer by 'they changed plans' but I will have to write you negative reports if I have to expect you and you never show up. Yea it's douche move, but you started it first.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I got hooked to the idea of meeting different people and giving them shelter for the night. In fact, last-minute requests seem to be my superpower, so if you are in a pinch - I've (most likely) got you covered. Also, it probably means you failed to find anyone else.
ALERT ALERT ALERT
My flat is far from the centre, dirty and run-down and I'm not doing CS for fun, but to help travelers in need. So please reconsider asking me to host you.
Reading, writing, game designing...
Music, Movies, and Books
Music... mostly everything, from folk to heavy metal, classic to soundtracks
Movies... gah, they are so disappointing nowadays...
Books... voraciously read everything. Mostly fiction and books on (game) design.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Actually, there are many amazing things I've done, but if I have to pick one I'd say going down the deepest cave in Serbia.
Teach, Learn, Share
What I Can Share with Hosts
I can offer you
1. One double bed - for couples and groups that don't mind bunking together
2. One very crappy uncomfortable bed which you will take if you applied after the big comfy bed is taken.
3. Place on the floor if you have your own mats and sleeping bags and you don't mind sharing the room with me making weird noises all night long. (if you say you are ok with sleeping on the floor but don't have your own sleeping bag, you either walk away or be ready to sleep on the bare floor... don't abuse my hospitality)
4. Chance to take shower (after midnight) and wash clothes (also after midnight). However, this privilege comes with the duty to clean the tub and fish your hairs out of the sink because drain gets CLOGGED
5. A place to store your stuff in the fridge and cooking facilities.
6. I have no food/oil/spices/beer/coffee to offer you, BYO-stuff. Sharing is great and I am willing to pitch in, cook together, but this is not B&B.
7. Fast internet
8. A place for YOU. If you pick up any stragglers and show up with more people than announced, I'll have to turn you down.
9. Stories about anything you might be interested in (including history, cultural and other details about the country and the city
10. The atmosphere of kindness and tolerance. If I warn you that a traveler is already present, treat them with respect and tolerance or I will have to ask you to leave.
Also, read carefully, my flat is FAR from the center (also in very SHABBY condition and DIRTY) in a BORING part of town and I'm a HORRIBLE host.
Countries I’ve Visited
Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Italy, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland, United Kingdom
Countries I’ve Lived In
Germany, Hungary, Poland, Serbia