Maybe Accepting Guests
- Last login 8 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Dhruv’s full profile. It’s free!
CS once in every continent and have a member from each one stay over once
I love change and experiencing new things! If you ask me what cuisine would I like to eat or what kind of night life I enjoy, I'd say "Something different!" and "something local!".. This usually has a lot more meaning for developing countries where there a ton of local variations for every developed concept. For eg. The best food in South East Asia is found by the roadside.
Also, I enjoy learning EVERYthing:
- Saw people making random predictions so learned the science behind Astrology and learned how to do it
- Enjoy music so learned the keyboard, guitar, flute, mouth organ and drums!.. forgotten a fair bit
- Enjoy travel.. mom was in UK for a bit so picked a smattering of German, French and Spanish and if thats not all..
- I realise the ills of Aleopathic medicine on the body, so as a hobby I learned Homeopathy and qualified myself as a doctor, along with my graduation (just as a hobby)
I justify anything and everything that slips out of my mouth...
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
As a family we host people at our house in Delhi, which is where my family stays. I, recently, am in another city with a smaller apartment and a little new member in the family, hence in a state of constant chaos. Hope to get back to hosting soon.
BRILLIANT! The beauty about CS is that the participants are people who BELIEVE in exchange and sharing. My experiences:
- Wales: Stayed in the attic of this small little house in the heart of the city. The lady was sooo jovial.. When she'd step out, the whole neighbourhood would greet her. Even every bus she traveled with us in, seemed to have folks knowing her
- Australia: WOW! A HUGE house shared by 10 students... one of the girls sharing it stayed in a tent in the garden which was a mini forest with marsupials who'd come down at night :D The house was unique.. each person there had a hobby and when they'd leave, they'd leave stuff behind and another would replace.. so it had paintings, ancient drums and turntables et al...
- Israel: This country is CULTURE CULTURE CULTURE! I happened to reach on a Friday and the gentleman hosting me was a Jew.. what a treat! They had their Shabbath dinner where friends joined in and all of them sang Hebrew hymns wearing the traditional caps. As I was with my newly wed wife, they sang special songs to us and explained the meaning. It was nice as we'd just arrived with our Indian spices and hence felt nice being able to contribute an Indian set of dishes to that spread.
- Switzerland: 2 birds with one stone: The couple I stayed with had found each other through CS - one from Canada and one from Peru. I got to know a completely new South American culture through them! Next on my list!
I enjoy sharing interests and hobbies with others. So things which I can appreciate with others is good.. lately it's been predominantly music, theater, food and travel... While in UK, I saw a number of students volunteering at the local museum... so then it was art appreciation!
Music, Movies, and Books
Absolutely no list... Since I look forward to new experiences each time, I actually have little memories of the past ones.. I just remember the core essence of each.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- gone around india alone on my own with a back pack over 40 days (not like a Eurotour.. India is fairly disorganised)
- Took a river kayak into the sea and went out 4 km. during high tide into a dolphin infested area.. to experience the sunset alone with nature on the horizon .. yes i got back with the onslaught of darkness (The resort guy who gave me the kayak had strict instructions to stay within 50 metres, but the waves and sunset were just too inviting)
- Managed to catch an international flight reporting to the airport 10 min. before takeoff!
- Drove a motorcycle upto Kolukumalai.. (a road full of rocks where only special 4x4 jeeps go).. the guys on top were stunned to see me on my 2 wheeler
- Took my mom for a drag show in London
- Ran across an active landslide on a mountain (boulders rolling down) with mom, just because we had almost reached the peak and it was evening.. the police had instructed all vehicles to go back to the base, 60 km. down the mountain roads... no ways!
The list goes on and on and on!
Teach, Learn, Share
know a lot about all the useless things. yoga.. the art and philosophy... astrology the philosophy, a lot about different cultures in india and a bit of those world over and tit-bits on homoeopathy
Countries I’ve Visited
Australia, Cambodia, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Egypt, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Singapore, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In