Maybe Accepting Guests
- 96% response rate
- Last login about 3 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Robert’s full profile. It’s free!
Cuba and Brasil!!! October 2015
Love traveling. I'm easy-going, open minded and always looking for a new adventure.
visited 39 states (17.3%)Create your own visited map of The World or Brazil travel guide for Android
You only live once (unless you're Hindu),so stop talking about all the things you want to do, just go for it!
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I love traveling to experience other countries/cultures meet other people.
One of the best ways to do that is to meet locals. That's where CS comes along. Of course other people might have the same vision, so my couch is available for you as well!
I have surfed some couches in Eastern Europe and loved it. It's the perfect way to get in touch with locals. In China I've met some great CS-ers in Chengdu and Beijing and on hiking trips in Sichuan Province and on the Great Wall. In Amsterdam I hosted and met up.
Geography, History, Economics, Cultures, Traveling, Mountains (climbing/hiking/biking), Sports, Parties, Nature, Cities, etc.
Yes I'm a busy man!
Music, Movies, and Books
Music: Pretty much all genres, at the moment I'm more into jazz, latin and trance.
Books: Philosophy, (Travel)stories, diaries of famous people/people who have done extraordinary things like:
- "The Motorcycle diaries" by Che Guevara
- "Touching the Void" by Joe Simpson
- "The irrisistable shift of powers to the east" by Kishore Mahbubani
- "The journals" by James Cook (Explorer in the 18th century)
- Into the Wild
- The Beach
- 127 hours
- Man on fire
Series: Two and a half men! (with Charlie Sheen)
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Many things like:
- Carnaval in Rio
- Amazone Jungle... Amazing
- Going from Colombia to Manaus by boat on the Amazone river
- Helicopter over Foz do Iguacu
- Rafting on the Rio Napo in the jungle of Ecuador
- Climbing Cotopaxi (5900 m), Iliniza Norte (5165 m) and Tungurahua (5062 m, while it was erupting!)
- Trying to order food and to buy a train ticket in Wuhan (China) in 2007
- Traveling by bus through Peru/along the coast of Ecuador in 2003 with only a Lonely Planet (In one word: Freedom!)
- Trusting a taxi driver in Cairo for a trip to the piramides (crash within 10 seconds...)
- Bungeejumping in Groningen
- Skydiving in Holland
- Singing in a karaoke bar...
- Internship in Chengdu (office turned out to be empty!)
- Internship in Beijing (no-one spoke english :S)
- Drove to Switzerland with some friends and 50.000 other Dutch to visit the European Championship Football 2008. Awesome party!!
- Bairro Alto @ Lisboa
- Sleeping in a monastry on Emei Mountain (China)in 2009
- Traveling around on Sumatra (Indonesia) while my friend was driving...
- Cycling around on the south Chinese farmland
- Drinking coconuts on perfect beaches in Vietnam
- Trying to avoid groups of tourist around Ankor Watt (Cambodia)
- Paying 10 Euro (14US$!!!) for a small beer in Oslo
- Sleeping on Jebl Toubkal in Morocco
- Nightlife in Chefchaouen -> most boring ever :)
- Paragliding in Germany
- Helicopter flight over Manhattan
- Sleeping in the wild after almost killing a wolf (Algonquin park Canada)
- Ballooning Cappadocia
- Parapente in Medellín
- Visiting Caracas... not THAT bad ;)
- Meeting amazing people via couchsurfing!
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Belgium, Bolivia, Cambodia, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, Serbia, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States, Vatican City State, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In
China, Ecuador, Netherlands