Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 4 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Rosanne’s full profile. It’s free!
Besides working my ass off in the hospital, getting as much travel and different cultures in my life!
My name is Rose, I am a doctor in Amsterdam and I'm in love with travelling (and photography and baking cakes). I'm currently working in Pediatrics, I love it but am very happy to have some time off now and then as well, so I can travel :)I love eating stuff I don't know, meeting people and sing a song, and I'm a sucker for vintage clothing. Some call me naive but I'd rather call it optimistic :)
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I am not able to host at the moment, but here are some tips (great ones if I may say so ;) )
When visiting Amsterdam, a great day trip is to go to Naarden-Vesting! A very old town, 40 minutes by train (beautiful ride through a nature reserve) and bus. The city walls are very famous. Take the train from Amsterdam Centraal to Naarden-Bussum, than hop on bus 110 and get out at Westwalstraat. A must see! http://www.bradly.nl/pictures/Marina/naarden_vesting.jpg for picture
Tips in Amsterdam
- take a boat trip on the canals,
- take a boat to NDSM island,
- go to the albert cuyp famous street market and eat poffertjes, stroopwafels
- go to febo and take a snack out of the wall
- go to van dobben and have a broodje kroket
- stroll through the Jordaan, a very cool neighborhood
- stroll through the negen straatjes (nine streets) thats pretty awesome, Unesco heritage. Run straart, Wolven straat, harten straat, huiden straat, beren straat, wijde hijsteeg, oude spiegelstraat, gasthuismolensteeg, ree straat http://www.de9straatjes.nl/uk/
- go to nieuwmarkt, a very old square and have lunch at de Waag, a very old building with a lot of history
- waterlooplein (waterloo square) is a very cool place, basically an outdoor flea market! definitely go here! and have fries with mayonaise. On the corner of this square, there is the Episode, a cool (but over the years more and more expensive) vintage shop
- foam fotography museum alsways has nice exhibitions
- mediamatic is a great place to discover as well. Next to mediamatic theres a bar called Basis, a great hang out where you can bring your own food or where you can order some food. Many locals interact with internationals
- vesper is an amazing cocktail place, lion noir as well
- studio 80, club air, sugar factory, trouw, chicago social club are great to go out
- and if youre more spiritual, i recommend club lite. its somewhat more off centre but an amazing place with wonderful people
- cool bars are weber, lux, bloemenbar, chapter 21, bar 22 and wolfje.
- a nice restaurant is bierfabriek. You can rent your own tap and have amazing chicken, or choose a dish from the simple but tasteful menu. A cheap student place is Pakhuys, and a great take away is Kantjil&de tijger (amazing Indonesian)
- a must do is go to the Noordermarkt Monday morning very early. Like 9 am. Theres an outdoor flea market with great vintage and the ultimate Amsterdam people. After strolling around and looking at old Dutch furniture and bargaining pn amazing cheap vintage, you have to have the best apple pie (a real dutch treat) at Winkel, the café at the corner of the square. It is so good! Another flea market is Ijhallen, in Amsterdam North. It is always in the first weekend of the month, check it out www.ijhallen.nl
In Bangkok I went to the CS-meeting and it was sooo good! I wasn't part of CS by then but I immediately became a member afterwards. I went to Stockholm with one of my best friends to stay with two different hosts and they gave us such a wonderful experience! Dancing, amazing walking tours and dance parties through the hallway. I travelled through Latin America and there I surfed many many times, making friends for life. My hosts made my trip
People who don't judge (or adjust their prejudices quickly) , like to sing out loud and are not afraid to take the unbeaten track. I spend my time discovering new music, cutting up old clothes and mashing up ingredients to bake sweet things.
- outdoor activities
- track and field
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Passing by a cremation in Bali, and being invited by the family to watch and learn. Doing a safari on horseback, zebra's welcoming me as their weird cousin. Creating a sing-a-long for over 100 people in the subway in NYC, at 4 am with a man and his guitar, singing Hey Jude
Countries I’ve Visited
Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, France, Germany, Guatemala, Honduras, Indonesia, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Laos, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Monaco, Montenegro, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In
Indonesia, Netherlands, United States