Not Accepting Guests
- 75% response rate
- Last login 11 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Jonathan’s full profile. It’s free!
I teach. Biology, Ecology, Anatomy and Physiology. I teach young people how to be real people that can hold real jobs build healthy families and contribute to society.
I have learned so much in the past few years. Teaching teenagers is a challenge to say the least but it has taught me so much about myself and humanity in general. Namely, I have learned that the thing I must have above all else is Faith. Faith in things you cannot see or even imagine. Faith in things that do not seem possible, but you believe to be true.
I am patriotic and I do not mean just for my country. A person should be patriotic about all the things he/she cares about: family, friends, causes...whatever gets you up in the morning. If you love something you should be willing to do anything for it. Why else love it?
Some things I love: cooking and the different cuisines from around the world; traveling anywhere, even out the back door; nature and activities associated with the outdoors like rock climbing, backpacking etc; getting thrown headfirst into different cultures.
I LOVE getting to know the things others are patriotic about too. There is just so much to this life that can only be learned from getting to know people different from yourself. That is why I love CS!
The question is not whether you are an optimist or a pessimist. The question is whether you are both a radical optimist and a radical pessimist. Can you hate the world enough to change it and yet love it enough to see it worth changing?
1. Outside things.
2. Making things. Cooking and beer brewing are definitely included in this.
3. Meeting new people.
5. Open-air markets.
6. Micro-brewed beer and Jack Daniels Tennessee Whisky
8. Religion and Theology
10. Being challenged beyond my means.
- outdoor activities
- rock climbing
Music, Movies, and Books
I read most everything. My favorite authors are Tolkien, Chesterton, Orwell, Lewis, and Robert Jordan.
Music tastes come and go. I mostly stick to the rootsy stuff - whether mainstream or no.
Teach, Learn, Share
Things I have to contribute:
1. I LOVE to cook and have developed a sort of rag-tag skill in it. I'd love to cook with you or help you out in cooking up something delicious!
2. I've become fairly proficient in outdoor living. If it has to do with camping, navigating by maps, backpacking or rock climbing I'd love to pass on some know-how.
3. I can play the guitar and would love to help any beginner to get as much joy out of it as I have.
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Belize, Germany, Greece, Italy, Jamaica, Malta, Morocco, Norway, Spain, United Kingdom
Countries I’ve Lived In
Ireland, Malta, United States