Maybe Accepting Guests
- 0% response rate
- Last login about 3 years ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Sammy’s full profile.
I love to hang out with friends, travel as much as my wallet allows me and I love trying out new food. I do have to admit that I'm a cheese lover (mostly French cheeses); I really enjoy a glass of wine with a cheese platter.
I'm a social, open-minded, caring person and I can be a bit serious, but that doesn't mean I'm not in for a laugh.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I've heard about it from friends and immediately thought that it's awesome:
a free bed for someone, meeting new people from different cultures and the chance to hear more travel stories.
I visite museums regularly. Such as Stedelijk in Amsterdam with the exhibition of Studio Drift. '' Studio Drift is an artist collective that explores the boundaries of technology art and nature'' or the exhibition Action Reaction - 100 years of kinetic art @Kunsthal Rotterdam. Next one on my list is the exhibition Yayoi Kusama at Voorlinden.
- live music
Music, Movies, and Books
When I'm in the mood for books, then I prefer reading books such as The Century Trilogy of Ken Follett or books as A Short History of Nearly Everything of Bill Bryson, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine and The Reader on the 6.27.
I like watching documentaries and all kinds of movies (except for horror movies; don't like them :p). I don't have a television, but I do have a beamer for movie nights!
I listen to various genres: electronic, indie rock, jazz, techno, soul, house, ...
Tip of the day: start listening to Nicola Cruz or KOKOROKO. It's relaxed and gives you the right summer vibe.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
• travelling alone through Viet Nam;
• scuba diving;
• having a private beach/part of an island, because by coincidence no other tourist booked to stay a night on the island;
• seeing the natural wonder of the world what we call in Dutch 'zeevonk' but is also known as 'blue tears'. I've seen it in Viet Nam, but also on Terschelling in the Netherlands;
• climbing the Adams peak in Sri Lanka;
• St. Petersburg in Russia, with all the amazing big palaces, huge beautiful park around one of those palaces covered in snow and the magnificent art museums I've seen.
• the Atacama dessert...
What I Can Share with Hosts
Good conversation, unique experience to stay over in a typical Dutch house a 'hofje', tour through the city and delicious food!
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Belgium, Chile, Czech Republic, England, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Luxembourg, Russian Federation, Spain, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In