Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 5 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Daniel’s full profile. It’s free!
I am discovering the USA, California, hippies, mountains, deserts, beaches everywhere :).
- I enjoy the deep conversations.
- The smile is a great value for me.
- I'm more rational than emotional. Calm and down to earth.
- I like to find hidden places, and enjoy the environment that surround me.
- I like the nature.
- I like wine rather beer. But I not hate the beer especially handmade beer :)
- I like pubs rather than very big loud parties (except: festivals).
Everybody has an own unique history, complex personality, so I respect and accept the other people's thoughts, efforts and desires. + Keep the things as simple as can be possible.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I want to help others to discover Budapest. Sometimes I can host people too. I really enjoy it, but unfortunately I don't have so much free time. I'm also like travelling but doing it with low intense.
My flatmate and some friends have hosted couchsurfers before, and I met a lot of interesting people. I hosted also some people, sometimes in the last minute. I traveled to in the Europe couple of times with couchsurfing (Norway, Italy, Netherlands).
- dancing swing (intermediate)
- riding bicycle, I travel by it everywhere in a city.
- random cooking: its spicy and good but not repeatable :)
- interested in programming, web developing and other geek stuffs too
- sociology, psychology, marketing
- film making: doing the cameraman jobs and also editing and finalizing the short films or news
- film making
- pub crawls
Music, Movies, and Books
- animaton films e.g: The Secret of the Kells is my actual fav, The Phantastic Mr. Fox, Strings, $9.99
- amateur shortfilms
- eastern europian films: Black Cat White Cat (SR), Moscow Square (HUN), California Dreamin (RO)
- others eg: Trainspotting, Requiem for a Dream, The Black Swan, American Beauty, Baraka, 12 Angry Men, The big Lebowsky, Europa, Mulholland Drive, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Wes Anderson movies...
- swing + jazz, folk and world music, electronic, small not very knows bands, Hungarian alternative,
- California Honeydrops, The Cat Empire, Dead Can Dance, Efterklang, gil-Scott-Heron, Gnarls Barkley, Hiperkarma, Hősök, Infected Muschroom, Kaiser Chiefs, Konyha, Kéknyúl, Mary Popkids, The Merry Poppins, Moby, Nouvelle Vague, Punnany Massif, Richards Cheese, Scott Bradlee, Szabó Balázs Bandája, The XX.
- and from the old good times: rock + metal (e.g: Iron Maiden was my favorite band, and Doors, Pink Floyd etc.)
Literature: - Milan Kundera, Roald Dahl, Philip K. Dick, Bohumil Hrabal, Douglas Adams, Kurt Vonnegut, Sándor Márai, now days reading fewer literature :(
Life management, business, self knowledge: How Google Works, Flow, Motivation 3.0
Science: Brief Story of time
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- I Helped secondary school students to start their carrier, know a little bit more that profession they want to choose before applying to the university.
- Vipassana, 10 day silent meditation in Spain.
- Cliff of Moher in Ireland. A quite big Cliffs near the seeside, with a lot of birds the inifnite landscape of the see and big and respectful calm which one comes from everywhere in this area.
- Rio Maggiore, Chinque Terra, Italy. One of the most beautiful city, which one is built on the mostly vertical cliff near the seaside. It was really hard to see the beautiful things in your life, when you wake up every morning with this landscape, so I never want to live there :).
- A big heap of litter in the inner part of Amsterdam, in front of the most beautiful perspective of canals, slant houses, little streets. WTF feeling.
- Madrid, Spain: a small local pub dedicated to Atlético Madrid, where a lot of local football enthusiasm saw how they team won the game, and cheering together.
- Joshua Tree National Park in US, California. Endless desert which shows you how to possible to make life in this environment. Joshua Tree became my inspiration.
- Biesenthal, Germany: small communist time scout camp, last 10 years occupied by hippies, dancing there. Unique painted houses, unbelievable interiors from rubbish, half sank love boat in the lake, manual fire sauna.
- Krakow, Poland: Tadeus Kantor exhibition. Alternative actor and artist of the early 1900s, creating and doing unbelievable constellations of anything.
- Krakow, Poland: Danced lindy hop a night long in Wieliczka salt mine. Amazing chamber in the salt, a really good bands and amazing people from all over the world to dance with.
Teach, Learn, Share
Teach: record and editing videos, basic lindy hop, programming basics, some time management
Learn: playing guitar, juggling, Polish language.
What I Can Share with Hosts
- I am an independent traveler. I can organize my stuff in a city, find my ways not need a continuous supervision. :)
- If you have some free time, I prefer to spend it together, share interests, food, knowledge.
- If only you have a couch or half square meter on the ground where I can sleep, also really big help for me.
Countries I’ve Visited
Croatia, Denmark, England, Estonia, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Scotland, Spain, Sweden, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In