- 79% response rate
- Last login about 5 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Sean’s full profile. It’s free!
I'm a multimedia journalist and writer. I'm also a university instructor. Originally from the USA, I presently reside in Cairo, Egypt.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Couchsurfing is an amazing way to meet locals and connect. I learn from every host and surfer I encounter.
Well-being (lift weights, kung fu, cardio, open focus meditation). Reading, art, films and quality tv shows. I play the bongos!
- mardi gras
- working out
Music, Movies, and Books
Music: Rhythm anything and a funky NOLA beat.
Films: Too many to count; Bladerunner Director's Cut was exquisite.
Books: Anything by Henry Miller, Hemingway, Tolstoy, Kerouac, Capote, BEE, Shakespeare and Cervantes.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I have more than one of course:
- Organic wine making/WOOFing in Loire Valley
- In Out Festival Avignon
- Piece of New Orleans Mardi Gras/Carnival art
- Covered protests in Egypt at Rabaa
- Covered protests in Gezi Park in Turkey
- Covered Hurricanes in South Louisiana
- Covered the BP Oil Spill in the Gulf of Mexico
- Burning Man 2000
- Mount Sinai in Egypt sun rise
- Mount Athos Hiking in Greece
- Hitch-hiking from Fehtiye to Izmir, Turkey (Aegean Coast sunset)
- Sunrise in the shade of mountains in Big Sur, California where Kerouac and Miller wrote
Teach, Learn, Share
Journalism, Prose, Storytelling, Multimedia work.
What I Can Share with Hosts
Stories of the Middle East and the USA about conflict and passion and social transformation.
My abilities in Turkish and Arabic.
I prepare amazing salads and cook grand salmon/veggie roasts (with a good oven). I'm also a good roaster of different meat.
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Egypt, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Mexico, Netherlands, Palestine, Slovakia, Spain, Turkey
Countries I’ve Lived In
Egypt, Turkey, United States