- Last login over 1 year ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Siddharth’s full profile.
I don't claim I'm unique, but I ain't just anyone.
I'm educated in India, Canada, and Italy. At present, I'm an assistant professor of business ethics, teaching ethics, sustainability, meaningful work, and philosophy of research in the master and PhD programs.
Current mission: What's ethics in the present world order?
I'm spiritual, respectful, curious, caring, honest, simple and down to earth, and perfection oriented.
My hobbies are: photography, spiritualism, admiring Mother Nature, cooking, soul-soothing music, Ski-fi movies, laughing and being happy, and living life to the fullest. I like the numbers by Kenny G and Richard Clyderman. I say sorry when I commit a mistake. I know: To err is human, to forgive is divine.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
To know the world further and better.
Music, Movies, and Books
Movies: Indian family dramas, Sci-fi, thriller and suspense
Music: Space (Zakir Hussain) and I Still Havent Found What Im Looking For (U2). Well, there are a couple of more which I think I should mention here: Take Me Home, Country Roads (John Denver); Hello! (Lionel Richie); My Sweet Lord / When my guitar gently weeps (George Harrison); Where the streets have no name (U2); Another day in paradise (Phil Collins); Careless Whisper (Wham); Waiting for a girl like you (Foreigner); Hey You (Pink Floyd); Beautiful tonight (Eric Clapton); Hotel California (Eagles); Sailing to Philadelphia (Dire Straits); and, anything by Kenny G and Richard Clayderman.
Books: Siddhartha; I am OK, You are OK; Rich Dad, Poor Dad; Emotional Intelligence; Games People Play; The Leadership Moment: Nine True Stories of Triumph and Disaster and Their Lessons for Us All; Zen and the motorcycle maintenance; and anything by Peter F. Drucker.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Everyday living is amazing, isn't it?
Teach, Learn, Share
(1) Skill-set (both personal and technical) acquired from more than half a decade long tenure in a multinational company (which had its widely scattered mining, manufacturing and marketing locations in India and which operated in India from 1938 to 1999);
(2) More than another half a decade long experience in smaller national, both for-profit and non-profit, organisations; most of them were in or in the near vicinity of the national capital of India;
(3) Value-adding experience of working in an organisation which is first of its kind to be accredited with ISO 9002 in India, and first of its kind to be accredited with ISO 14001 in Asia;
(4) Strategic organisational development and management (for both for-profit and not-profit organisations);
(5) Effective human resources recruitment, development, and management (for both for-profit and not-profit organisations);
(6) Building learning organisations and knowledge management (for both for-profit and not-profit organisations);
(7) Reengineering oriented and flexible (not rigid) operation, maintenance, inventory, personnel & PR, quality system, and (both internal and external) communication management (for both for-profit and not-profit organisations);
(8) Optimal ethics based Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) experience for more than half a decade;
(9) Insightful project management skills (both for-profit and not-profit projects) for more than half a decade;
(10) Volunteer development and management (for non-profit organisations);
(11) Growing up as an individual and a professional in a country which is not only multi-cultural, multi-lingual, multi-religious, multi-ethnic, having widely varied geographic features, but it is also world´s largest democracy, with a free press and a secular society;
(12) Personal experience and analysing skills regarding the pros and cons of a welfare state (India is a welfare state since her independence);
(13) Crises and disaster management skills acquired by volunteering in numerous crises (familial, social, cultural, etc.) and natural disasters those inflict upon India, time and again (most notably during the 1999 super-cyclone which had struck the costal state of Orissa, India, and had caused colossal damage to its population and natural resources);
(14) Personal and professional experience of living, studying, and working in two foreign countries (Italy and Germany); and so on and so forth;
(15) Meditation (I am not a master but a practitioner);
(16) Indian cooking (once again, I am not a master but a practitioner);
(17) Oriental massage ((once again, I am not a master but a practitioner).
I can share with you my experience and learning from life; and I sincerely wish to take from you anything that you know and I don't.
What I Can Share with Hosts
Warm hospitality (with my limitations)
Countries I’ve Visited
Canada, Germany, Greece, Italy, Slovenia
Countries I’ve Lived In
Canada, Germany, India, Italy