Wants to Meet Up
- Last login about 2 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Silver’s full profile. It’s free!
I love travelling and meeting people different than me.
I am a city person, but I really enjoy going to the nature - near the lakes, sea, rivers, mountains, pine forests.
I am constantly reading and learning something new. I hate anything that is repetitive.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that's why we call it the present.
Home is people, not the place.
A day without music and laughter is a day wasted.
Nothing good comes cheap. Except Opel Astra.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Since 2009 I've been surfing and hosting with (really) long interval breaks. I have had only positive experiences.
Sports on a regular basis - swimming, cross-country skiing, running, bouldering.
And of course travelling and exploring all areas of life!
- contemporary art
- rock climbing
Music, Movies, and Books
BOOKS - Books with a dark atmosphere, inspirational books are good too. I haven't really read a lot of modern literature, but some of the classics that I have enjoyed:
The Alchemist (Coelho), 1984 (Orwell), Peter Camenzind (Hesse), One Hundred Years of Solitude (Gabriel García Márquez), Steppenwolf (Hesse), Master and Margarita - (Bulgakov).
MUSIC - Anything out of the ordinary. Some artists that I really really love and would never get tired of: Coldplay, Alt-J, J. Karjalainen, SOJA, The National
MOVIES - Most of all adventure movies, post-apocalyptic movies, sci-fi movies. I like movies with good plot-twists, that make you think and feel hollow after watching. Also emotional movies are good, try: "Vincent will meer", "Hachiko, a dog's story", "Chce sie zyc".
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Sold books for four months, 13 hours a day, 6 days a week. Completed a 63 km classical ski marathon under 6 hours. Hiked 72 km with 40 kg extra weight in 24 hours. Done three 2000 km hitchhiking trips around Europe, and one 3000 km hitchhiking trip to Middle-East.
Teach, Learn, Share
If you will be visiting Tallinn then here is a list of suggestions of what to do/see (Except the old town which is obvious :P)
1) You can go to the TV tower for the views of tallinn and the surrounding nature and also to try edge walking and rappelling (they will lower you down with the rope from 170 meters).
This is their youtube channel:
2) check out the singing arch in tallinn where the singing festivals are held (choir singing is an old estonian tradition – the big singing festival is held after every 5 years and the first one was held at 1869), You can also swing down from the arch:
(its possible to swing on Saturday and Sunday from 13-18 and you need to book on their webpage before, i could help you with that as it is in estonian only)
3) If you are in the old town be sure to visit Oleviste church and climb up the tower for the view of the old town (it is claimed to have been the tallest building in the world from 1549 to 1625)
4) You can visit the museum of arts, it has four floors of arts and people who visit normally like it (including me and other people i have taken there):
-1st floor: Temporary exhibitions.
-2nd floor: Classics of Estonian art from the 18th century until the end of the Second World War.
-3rd floor: Estonian art from 1945 to 1991.
-4th floor: Temporary contemporary art exhibitions, art after 1991 (modern and exhibitions change all the time)
5) You can visit the estonian maritime museum – it is in an old seaplane harbour which was built in 1900-s, and renovated in 2012 as a museum. In the middle of the museum there is a submarine from 1936 and you can go inside :P
6) If you are interested you can check out the patarei jail, its right next to the maritime museum (it is a soviet jail – actually building was built in 1840 and has been a jail since 1940). The jail hasnt been used since 2002 and everything has been left as it was – unrenovated and reminding the soviet times.
7) Surely dont miss the Kadriorg! Have fun!
!!!Important!!! If you are visiting estonia to win/break someone's heart, then I would recommend to check the language course that I created :) http://www.memrise.com/course/233436/estonian-for-lovers/
What I Can Share with Hosts
My travelling stories, sushi making skills, suggestions of music, I could even help you with designs for constructing a house :P
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iran, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Poland, United States