Not Accepting Guests
- Last login about 2 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Simon’s full profile. It’s free!
To successfully Barbeque a dim-sim
Spontaneous, outdoorsy, music loving, sometimes tree-hugging, friendship valuing guy...that about sums it up.
Pretty much all the references here are from back in the day when I (and my awesome housemate at the time, Steve, lived in a kick-ass apartment in Melbourne...things aren't quite the same anymore).
Just so you know...I live on an old yacht (Claudia). She's 35ft long, so not tiny, but there are things you should be realistic about if you want to stay (which you are, of course, welcome to).
It is pretty sweet but just as a heads up:
- I live on a mooring which means taking the dingy (the very short) distance to and from shore each time you want to come and go.
- Sometimes living on a boat is small, damp, a bit un-flattering...usually it is awesome.
- The space is limited, but we can sail my house anywhere cool and the sunsets from the deck are pretty ace.
- As lovely as she is, she isn't the sort of yacht you would see Hollywood star sauntering around on...just in case you had that illusion.
Do fun shit.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Had lots surfers through since joining mid 2008 when I lived in Melbourne and have hung out with many surfers who have crashed with mates.
I couchsurfed his way through Eastern and Western Europe and East Africa in 2009 which was rad.
Into a whole heap of different things...:
Rock Climbing/Bouldering, Telemark Skiing, Music music music! (listening and playing), hanging out with mates, travelling, hitchhiking, Hiking, getting bent and climbing trees, falling out of trees, bars/pubs, reading, drinking till dawn, mayhem, having fun...lots of other stuff.
Music, Movies, and Books
Simon: Music is such a huge part of my life it's impossible to do this justice so I won't even bother. Basically anything ans everything that you won't find in a typical nightclub.
I have a thing for music festivals.
Wide and varied in subjects, authors, styles etc.
From american literature (Steinbeck, Kerouac, Wolfe, Kassey, etc. ), Travel, Engaging non-fiction, Australian Lit...etc. etc.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Travel. All of It.
Teach, Learn, Share
What I Can Share with Hosts
To not be shit*.
*definition of shit dependent.
Countries I’ve Visited
Australia, Canada, France, Kenya, Malta, Mauritius, New Zealand, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In