Maybe Accepting Guests
- 98% response rate
- Last login 3 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Piero’s full profile. It’s free!
I want to follow my passions, see the world and mingle with other humans that can make this fantastic life experience even better.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I have hosted a few times and it has been a nice experience, in almost all cases. I have met nice, polite, interesting people who are now my friends. And hosting has been like a piece of that country, with its culture, traditions, mindset, recipes, etc, coming to visit me at my place.
In case you are pondering whether sending me a request for hospitality, please take a minute to read all that follows:
- You will be received in a clean and safe place. It's my place. You will be offered clean bed linen, blankets, towels, soap, toilet, shower. And I will clean everything once you leave. But don’t be mistaken, Couchsurfing is NOT a free alternative to hotels. If that is all you have in mind, please, go for a real hotel.
- Couchsurfing is a cultural exchange experience. It's sharing, tasting life in alternative ways. It is sharing, like sharing stories, sharing food, sharing time. It is responsibility, dedication, care, trust. It is a host accepting you in his/her private place like you were a family member - and indeed you are, the Couchsurfing family. The host will interpret your needs, your priorities, will provide suggestions, hints, guidance, may probably cook for you and definitely will clean everything once you leave, just like your mother would do. It'd be profoundly unfair to reduce this to just "accommodation for free".
- Always keep in mind that, if Couchsurfing exists, it is because there are a few of us that are still willing to host, despite the non-positive experiences that naturally come.
- Couchsurfing is falling apart because of a progressive vanishing of the original spirit. And because of overbooking. Overbooking is when a surfer collects agreements with multiple hosts even though requires only one host. It's cheating. Please don’t even write to me, if then you are gonna choose another host.
- Please don’t write me to ask whether I am available to host in some period or not. Send me a REQUEST for that period (button "Send Request" in my profile). And if the website replies that I’m not available, it simply means that I will be hosting other people in that period.
- Please write me a request that reflects your plan, from date to date, and with specific number of persons. And if something changes in your plan, cancel the request and send me a new request. Consider that check-in and check-out on the same day, doesn't express the sense that you want to stay for the night.
- I am a verified member with tens of positive references and I don't particularly enjoy hosting non verified members. Please don't bother me with doubts about safety, especially if you are not a verified member. Couchsurfing is built around trust. If you don't trust enough, please go book a hotel room.
I like painting, photography, visual art, languages, hiking, biking, nature, gardening, astrophysics, 3D graphics programming, maths, film scoring, serious talks, stupid talks, movies, cooking, and other things.
- visual arts
- vegetarian cooking
- music composition
- healthy cooking
- cooking and baking
- composing music
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I loved once. By mistake.
Countries I’ve Visited
China, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Macedonia, Russian Federation, Slovenia, Spain, Thailand, Ukraine, United Kingdom
Countries I’ve Lived In