Maybe Accepting Guests
- 100% response rate
- Last login about 3 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Piero’s full profile. It’s free!
I want to follow my passions, see the world and mingle with other humans that can make this fantastic life experience even better.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I have hosted a few times and it has been a nice experience, in almost all cases. I have met nice, polite, interesting people who are now my friends. And hosting has been like a piece of that country, with its culture, traditions, mindset, recipes, stories, coming to visit me at my place.
In case you are pondering whether sending me a request for hospitality, please take a minute to read what follows:
- You will be received in a clean and safe place. It's my place. You will be offered clean bed linen, blankets, towels, soap, toilet, shower. And I will clean everything once you leave. But don’t be mistaken, Couchsurfing is NOT a free alternative to hotels. If that is all you have in mind, please, go for a real hotel.
- Couchsurfing is a cultural exchange experience. It's sharing, tasting life in alternative ways. It is sharing, like sharing stories, sharing food, sharing time. It is responsibility, dedication, care, trust. It is a host accepting you in his/her private place like you were a family member - and indeed you are, a member of the Couchsurfing family. The host will interpret your needs, your priorities, will provide suggestions, hints, guidance, may probably cook for you and definitely will clean everything once you leave, just like your mother would do. It'd be profoundly unfair to reduce this to just "accommodation for free".
- Always keep in mind that, if Couchsurfing exists, it is because there are a few of us that are still willing to host, despite the non-positive experiences that naturally come.
- Couchsurfing is falling apart because of a progressive vanishing of the original spirit. And because of overbooking. Overbooking is when a surfer collects agreements with multiple hosts, then chooses one at the very last minute but keeps the other hosts as a "backup". I consider overbooking same as cheating. So, please, don’t even write to me if you are not gonna show up. It's so irritating waiting someone for hours after the agreed check-in time and then realizing that that person is not going to show up. This really kills the spirit of couchsurfing.
- Please don’t write me to ask whether I am available to host in some period or not. Just send me a REQUEST for that period (button "Send Request" in my profile). And if the website replies that I’m not available, it simply means that I will be hosting other people on those days or I have marked those days as "not available" in my CS calendar (yes, we have a calendar).
- Please write me a request that reflects your plan, from date to date, and with specific number of persons. And if something changes in your plan, cancel the request and send me a new request. Consider that check-in and check-out on the same day, doesn't express the sense that you want to stay for the night.
- You may want to send multiple requests for your own convenience, ok. But consider that, after I accept your request, I will still keep on receiving requests from other couchsurfers, for the same days, until you push the button to confirm. So, if you don't confirm shortly (say, in a matter of 1-2 days), I may want to cancel with you and proceed with another couchsurfer who's got clear mind. Don't be disappointed if I do that.
- I am a verified member with several positive references and I don't particularly enjoy hosting non verified members. Of course I will accept the non verified member but please don't bother me with doubts about safety, especially if you are not a verified member. Couchsurfing is built around trust. If you don't trust, please go book a hotel room.
I like painting, photography, visual arts, languages, hiking, biking, nature, gardening, astrophysics, maths, 3D graphics programming, film scoring, serious talks, stupid talks, movies, cooking and other things.
- visual arts
- vegetarian cooking
- music composition
- healthy cooking
- cooking and baking
- composing music
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I loved once. By mistake.
Countries I’ve Visited
China, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Macedonia, Russian Federation, San Marino, Slovenia, Spain, Thailand, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City State
Countries I’ve Lived In