- Процент ответов: 99%
- Последний раз на сайте: about 7 hours назад
Зарегистрируйтесь на Couchsurfing, чтобы увидеть полный профиль пользователя Piero. Это бесплатно!
I want to follow my passions, see the world and mingle with other humans that can make this fantastic life experience even better.
Что привело меня на Couchsurfing
I have hosted many times and it has been a nice experience, in almost all cases.
I have met nice, polite, interesting people who are now my friends. And hosting has been like a piece of that country, with its culture, traditions, mindset, recipes, stories, coming to visit me at my place.
Along the years, I’ve been helping surfers coming from every part of the world, dedicating my time to them, building trust and building belief around the concept of providing accommodation for free. Yet, it’s when I myself needed accommodation that I met the hosting part of this community and found out that the couchsurfing social network has been growing more with inactive surfers rather than active hosts.
A statistically disproportionate number of what I call "false hosts" do not reply or reply with apparently decent motivations for not to host. And yet, when you go examining their profile, you will see that they do have positive references, but only as guest, never as host. No need to explain how this discrepancy, hypocrisy, dishonesty is not helping the couchsurfing purpose. I do now examine carefully profiles and I’m not sure whether I want to host surfers that never host.
However, in case you are pondering whether sending me a request for hospitality, please take a minute to read what follows:
- You will be received in a clean and safe place. It's my place. You will be offered clean bed linen, blankets, towels, soap, toilet, shower. And I will clean everything once you leave. But don’t be mistaken, Couchsurfing is NOT a free alternative to hotels. If that is all you have in mind, please, go for a real hotel.
- Couchsurfing is a cultural exchange experience. It's sharing, tasting life in alternative ways. It is sharing, like sharing stories, sharing food, sharing time. It is responsibility, dedication, care, trust. It is a host accepting you in his/her private place like you were a family member - and indeed you are, a member of the Couchsurfing family. The host will interpret your needs, your priorities, will provide suggestions, hints, guidance, may probably cook for you and definitely will clean everything once you leave, just like your mother would do. It'd be profoundly unfair to reduce this to just "accommodation for free".
- Always keep in mind that, if Couchsurfing exists, it is because there are a few of us that are still willing to host, despite the non-positive experiences that naturally come.
- Couchsurfing is falling apart because of a progressive vanishing of the original spirit. And because of overbooking. Overbooking is when a surfer collects agreements with multiple hosts, then chooses one at the very last minute but keeps the other hosts as a "backup". I consider overbooking same as cheating. So, please, don’t even write to me if you are not gonna show up. It's so irritating waiting someone for hours after the agreed check-in time and then realizing that that person is not going to show up. This really kills the spirit of couchsurfing.
- Please don’t write to ask whether I am available to host in some period or not. Just send me a REQUEST (button "Send Request" in my profile) for the specific period and for the specific number of guests.
The hosts have a calendar where they set when they are available and when they are not. The search and the request functionalities work with dates and number of guests because it is the way the couchsurfing system addresses the guests to the host that can actually host in that specific period and can receive that number of guests. It's a system designed to save your time and help you to find accommodation. Use it!
- Please send a request that reflects your plan, from date to date, and with specific number of guests. And if something changes in your plan, cancel the request and send a new request. Consider that check-in and check-out on the same day, doesn't express the sense that you want to stay for the night. If the system doesn't allow you to issue a request for the dates you need, it most likely means that the host has set those days as "unavailable" in his/her calendar. So please don't insist, don't try smart things, don't spam. It's just annoying and a waste of time for both host and surfer.
- You may want to send multiple requests for your own convenience, ok. But consider that, after I accept your request, I will still keep on receiving requests from other couchsurfers for the same days until you push the button to CONFIRM. So, if you don't confirm shortly (say, in a matter of 1-2 days), I may want to cancel with you and proceed with other couchsurfers who have got clear mind. Don't be disappointed if I do that.
- Consider that when receiving a guest, most likely the host has not made plans with his own friends for that day. So please don't come with a last-minute cancellation saying "Sorry, I've just found out that my best friend is in town today" or even just "sorry, another host has accepted me before you". That'd be something I would find hard to comment with polite words.
- Remember that, when helping 1 single surfer, the host will likely receive tons of other requests because his profile is now on top of the most-recently-logged-in profiles. All these new messages will need a reply and the time dedicated to reply to everybody is also time the host has dedicated to the first surfer he meant to help. How unfair when the surfer then cancels.
- Keep on being a serious, responsible, respectful person when interacting within a social network like CS. Being behind your side of the screen should not prevent you to be a decent human being. We don't need a world where every one thinks to be the smartest one. We need a world where we respect and help each other.
- I am a verified member with several positive references and I don't particularly enjoy hosting non verified members. Of course I will accept the non verified member but please don't bother me with doubts about safety, especially if you are not a verified member. Couchsurfing is built around trust. If you don't trust, please go book a hotel room.
I like painting, photography, visual arts, languages, hiking, biking, nature, gardening, astrophysics, maths, 3D graphics programming, film scoring, serious talks, stupid talks, movies, cooking and other things.
- visual arts
- vegetarian cooking
- music composition
- healthy cooking
- cooking and baking
- composing music
Классная вещь, которую я сделал(-а)
I loved once. By mistake.
Где я побывал(-а)
China, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Macedonia, Russian Federation, San Marino, Slovenia, Spain, Thailand, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City State
Где я жил(-а)