Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 3 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Skyline’s full profile. It’s free!
I love to be in the mountains and forests. My weekend warrior activities includes rock climbing and skiing.
Quotes that truly inspire me:
- "We don't travel to escape life, we travel so that life does not escape us"
- "speaking words of wisdom, let it be..."
- "The only thing that is permanent is impermanence."
Values that guide my life:
- Empathy: put your pride aside and yourself in other people's shoes
- Playfulness: be serious when you need to, but don't take everything to heart that doesn't truly matter
- Safety: nothing is ever worth your life
- Frugality: live within your means; finance your future; save
- Trust yourself: your gut usually knows what's best
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I've hosted plenty in the past. Unfortunately, I'm currently unable to host so I try to travel and surf more to get to know the local area and get locals' points of views.
CouchSurfed with Toni Nikunen in Taipei, Taiwan
Hosted Christian Knoflach
Hosted Luke Muehlhauser
Met Jeff Pathman
Met Gabriel Kaprielian
Introduced Charles Frank
Hosted Leon Danilov
Hosted James Bennett
Hosted Christian Flores-Carignan
Hosted Adam Tyner
Hosted Manual Puschmann & Julian
Hosted Jona De Beuckeleer
Hosted Flourent Bouin and Jerome
Hosted Pierfrancesco Pardini
Hosted Elliot Leuthold
Hosted Kate Baker & Effie Stansbery
Hosted Marshall Hatfield
Hosted Fabio Martinazzoli
Hosted Marie-Anne Serve
Met BJ Thompson
Hosted David Piccolo
Hosted Christian Fink
Hosted Stefan Reger
Hosted Assaf Avni & Ryan Schoenbeck
Hosted Areca Pennel
Couchsurfed at Abbot's in Reno, Nevada
Hosted Chris Powers
Hosted Hon, Kiki, & Hector
Hosted Alex Neweling
Met Emily Breczinski
Hosted Antoine, Jonathan, and Cecile
Hosted Joshua Hawk
Hosted Thomas Hervout
Hosted Maide Demars
Hosted Christopher Fernandez
Hosted Raphael Sisa and David Chun
Hosted Ying Xin and Julie Tan
Hosted Savoen Ouch and Lourdes
Hosted Celine and Marine
Hosted Joakim Ganat
Hosted Adam Atzion
Hosted Havivah and Tamar
Hosted Alix and Lay
CouchSurfed with Myles Wittman
CouchSurfed with Reggie Neroni & Caecelie Byg in Perth, Western Australia, Australia
CouchSurfed with Steven Moskwa, in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
CouchSurfed with Sam Kumar in Montreal, Canada
CouchSurfed with Petr and Martina in Jackson, Wyoming
Hosted Damir Akhmadiyev
Winter is reserved for skiing.
Spring is dedicated to mountaineering and finding wildflowers.
Summer is an opportunity to visit the Eastern Sierras and baking in the heat, but I balance that with SCUBA diving trips.
Autumn is the best time for non-crowded climbing trips in Yosemite.
- outdoor activities
- scuba diving
- rock climbing
Music, Movies, and Books
Of Monsters and Men
Tao Te Ching
How to Win Friends and Influence People
Castle in the Sky
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Hiked the John Muir Trail (my mother would say "I work so hard so you don't have to live on the streets and you decide to live like a homeless person...")
- Rented a track car and raced on Nordschleife in Germany (commonly known as Nurburgring).
- Rise out of poverty into the middle class.
Teach, Learn, Share
I glimmer when I'm sharing my world of climbing and the outdoors to other people. I've taught several people the basics of climbing and have brought many people who are new to climbing on my climbing trips.
I can teach you how to read financial statements...
What I Can Share with Hosts
I love to cook for my hosts!
Countries I’ve Visited
China, Côte d'Ivoire, Germany, Ghana, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Netherlands, Taiwan
Countries I’ve Lived In
Australia, United States