Maybe Accepting Guests
- Last login 10 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Chris’s full profile. It’s free!
My current mission is to create societal change through the ephemeral act (performance). Currently, I'm on the path to a dual post-graduate degree through the University of Warwick and the University of Amsterdam.
I enjoy lists. Lists are incredible. Below is a list about myself...
* I was born and raised in St. Peter, Minnesota.
* From 1999-2003 I attended Minnesota State University, Mankato where I received my undergraduate degree in Theatre Arts with an emphasis on Acting and Directing.
* During the summer of 2003 I worked as a camp counselor at Camp Concord on the south shore of Lake Tahoe, California, USA. This summer changed my life and redirected my path.
* Fall of 2003 to the summer of 2004 was an eclectic mix; working at the gift shop in the Westminster Abbey (London), performing in a horrible musical at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival and spending some time in Minnesota in between.
* 2004 to 2005 I spent with an Americorps program in New Hampshire working with at-risk youths in low-income communities.
* 2005 to 2006 I spent in Birmingham, Alabama doing theatre for children.
* 2006 to 2011 I lived in the fantastic city of Seattle, Washington in the USA. While here I did social work by day and was a theatre practitioner by night. By far, one of the greatest places I've ever lived in.
* 2012 - I finished my Masters in International Performance Research at the University of Amsterdam and the University of Warwick.
* 2013 - I spent three months living in a farmhouse in rural Ireland.
* 2014 - I'm currently in Montreal doing a performance art residency with Studio Porte Bleue. Come and check us out!
My personal philosophy is to live in the moment. To live as selfless a life as I possibly can and give as much of my energy to improving the quality of life for others.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I enjoy meeting people and learning everything I can from them.
I've done some surfing in Germany, Czech Republic, Austria, and Northern Ireland and met some incredible people! This past summer I was living in Amsterdam and hosted as many people as I could... again, nothing but great experiences shared with incredible individuals.
* Theatre* Nature - hiking, camping, kayaking* American Football* Museums* Coffee Shops... I love coffee* Films... although I need to broaden my experience with European films* Travel* Community Building* Cultural Exchange* Vegetarianism* Finding bargains... I'm an incredibly thrifty person* Journals* Letters* Reading* Riding Trains* Beer and Wine
- performing arts
- outdoor activities
- american football
- social work
Music, Movies, and Books
Too many to name... but a copy of The Little Prince will always travel with me.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Seattle, Washington and the Cascade Mountains... the best city with an incredible playground in its backyard for outdoor enthusiasts. I've had some amazing adventures in the back country of this Pacific North West gem!
Teach, Learn, Share
* I make a pretty good Texas style chili... spicy and delicious.* I have numerous stories to share from my travels across the United States.* I'm a decent baker and am known to make batches of cookies, breads and muffins. Oh... and apple pie... I make an amazing apple pie and am happy to share the recipe.* Knowledge of theatre history and performance.
My next goal in life is to learn German. I'm just starting and loving it.
Countries I’ve Visited
Canada, Germany, Netherlands, United Kingdom
Countries I’ve Lived In