Maybe Accepting Guests
- 20% response rate
- Last login 4 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Sy’s full profile.
The Protagonist - ENFJ
To girls I am known as "Mr Nice Guy" (but honestly I am not that nice and I'm pretty sick of it), to guys I am known as a "bro"! I am quirky, geeky, good listener, outspoken, idealist, opportunist, on rare and bad days I am a "whiner" LOL. I belong to the creative types. I love to meet people and experience different cultures and see the world or save the world! I love food as much as travelling. I would choose a good conversation over a movie. I think I am a crazy enough, a borderline intensive thinker/dreamer. I'm into psychedelics, you know what I mean :)
- A cynic is a disappointed idealist.
- Learn, un-learn, re-learn.
- I can accept failure but I can't accept not trying.
- One must learn to fall before learning to walk or run.
- Common sense is not common.
- If you can't believe in yourself, you can't believe in anything.
- What goes around comes around...Karma.
- Sometimes, it is about the journey and not the destination.
- What is light without darkness? Hate without love?
- Murphy's law.
- Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. (Albert Einstein)
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
At the moment, I've been hosting (I take my cs'ers everywhere I go, sometimes I get too excited) and I think I am pretty good at it! Please bless me with some good karma in return when I travel as a couchsurfer:]
Sleeping everywhere and anywhere when you can...I did my time in the army for 2 years, sleeping in a bunk with 27 men is pretty crazy, a 3 minute shower is a gift, a cold can of coke in the forest is a gift, sleeping 8hrs is a gift, a compliment from your fellow army mate is a gift, smiling at the end of the day is a gift:] Life is a gift...
* Food - cooking and eating, cafes to restaurants.
* Music - Gigs, recording and producing, Guitars...etc
* Dancing in freestyle.
* Meeting random people.
* Driving - get lost.
* Nature - trekking, tramping...etc
* Shaman Journeying.
* B o x i n g
* West Coast Swing
* Actor (so far TVCs and short films)
Currently, my biggest interest is playing in a band call Understanding Utopia, UU.
Music, Movies, and Books
Movies, Docos and TV series: Oldboy, Rec, VHS, Snowpiercer, Only Lovers Alive, Dexter, Ancient Aliens, Dirty Job, Breaking Bad, Daybreaker, Wasteland, Thank you for smoking, Run Lola Run, 300, Stranger than fiction, Dark Knight, Jesse Ventura's Conspiracy Theory, Sicko, Nat Geo, Travel Channel...etc
Music; Animals As Leaders, Deftones, Tool, The Curve, Portishead, Four Tet, Russian Circles, Jakob, God is an Astronaut, Norma Jean, Converge, Genghis Tron, Radiohead...etc
Books and Mags: The Zombie Survival Guide, The Art of War, Sound On Sound...etc
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
The most amazing thing I have done is to venture out of my country with a few bags and my savings. After a 11 years later I am still here with a job and got my residency here in Auckland:)
Teach, Learn, Share
I can teach you how to:
- Cook awesome Southeast Asian cuisine the cheating way.
- Play the guitar and drums
- Recording etc...
- Smell good all the time
- Ginga (Capoeira)
- Biology, LOL.
- Strip and assemble a rifle like M16 in 60seconds
- Be intensely "dad" humourous
I want to learn how to:
- Speak your basic language (at some point)
- Be a BaddassMotherF!*ker when I need to be
- Be in love and not get hurt
- Be social and not feeling lonely inside:(
- Be less a control freak:(
- Be a better person than I am now
I want to share:
- My life:]
- My smile
- My music
- My Heart and Soul
What I Can Share with Hosts
My life skills, soul, spirit, laughter, a crying shoulder, a beautiful human being(trying)...etc
Countries I’ve Visited
Australia, Austria, China, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Malaysia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Thailand
Countries I’ve Lived In
New Zealand, Singapore