Maybe Accepting Guests
- 50% response rate
- Last login 19 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Susan’s full profile. It’s free!
Help the people, see the world
I love nature, and simple life and I like kids. I'm addicted to healthy life style, like keeping fit, hiking, playing badminton, eating organic food and try to reduce the use of chemicals at home as far as possible.
Childhood in countryside gave me precious memory and made me firmly believe mankind is only a part of the world and people are born equal, we have the responsibility to protect our environment and help those people in need.
Traveling is a way to know who you are and where you are going, and also a way to know people's versatile life and cultures.
I'm a keen volunteer organizing teaching trip to rurual area to help kids in village schools. It is great pleausure to see those cute kids with sunny happy smile.
I'm a memeber of local hiking team and we often hike on the great wall on weekends. You are welcome to join us!
I used to work with people with different culture background which broadened my horizon.It's always a pleasure to meet people from all over the world and exchange traveling stories.
If you have any English books to donate our sponsored schools, feel free to bring! We will use these books to promote reading and culture communications.
Traveling is a life style and life attitude.
Listen to your heart and go where your heart tells you.
Life is a string of events and we are challenged to make choices.
Even a 1,000 mile journey starts with one step.(Laotzi, philosopher of ancient China).
We can save lots of resources, energy and time if we choose to live in a simple,honest and respective way, as a result the world will be more bueatiful,peaceful and harmonuous.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
Learned this site from a "Lonely Planet" book. Hope to join this community and exchange couches/stories/cullture for traveling.
Hosted or meet up over 30 CS travelers from all over the world so far Being hosted in wesern Europe and US by over 20 hosts. Experience is great! Strangers can be good friends and help each other in many ways.
Traveling,hiking, sewing DIY, planting,volunteering,charity,reading,badminton,cooking,language learning,traditional Chinese medicine
Music, Movies, and Books
book: Walden, Books by Nan Huaijin,Yu Qiuyu, Liang Shuming,Lin Qingxuan etc.
Movie: sound of music
Music: folk music, such as that from Tibet, Mogolia etc
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
1. Sunrise on Yellow Mountain
2. Three-peak hiking in UK
3. When I do volunteer teaching with another CSer from Malasia, we were delighted to find out that our birthday is the same and our animal year (we have 12 animals to mark one's age) is the same too! We celebrated our common birthday in Beijing!
4. My son's birth and the fire-like beautiful cloud next morning in the sky
5. My son started reading newspaper at 6, and self-learned GO by reading a book called " 7 day Game of Go"
Teach, Learn, Share
I have collected some information of traveling in Beijing while enjoying its unique local culture, such as where to live, where to eat, musuems, vegetarian restaurants etc, feel free to contact me and I can send you via email.
Besides I could help on these:
1. I speak and write good Mandarin(Chinese), so I can teach you.
2. Give you some information of traveling China
3. Introduce volunteer opportunaties of teaching English/painting/music to villiage schools on your traveling road.
4. Teach you how to make home-made Chinese food.
5. Help you to join local weekend hiking(Great wall, mountains outside downtown of Beijing)
I want to learn:
1. Different languages
2. Build resource-saving house
3. Chinese medical Tuina (TCM)
4. Eco-friendly tools/solutions that can be used at home
5. Organic farm setting up
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
China, United Kingdom, United States