Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 3 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Michael’s full profile.
Learn to teach
"You are a soul driving a meat covered skeleton made from star dust"
What more could possibly be said?
I am not witty enough to fill out this field.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Travelling, Hosting, Meeting, Dancing, Singing, Drinking, Eating, Laughing...all the things you do with nice people :)
here we go:
- playing guitar
- meeting new people
- finding stuff on flea markets that I can show my students in history classes ("Look at that, kids! It's a real 19th century cooking pot!")
- to complete this rather nerdy list: geocaching
Music, Movies, and Books
- The first books that I read as a child are still books that I'd happily read again: The wizard of the emerald city (basically the Russian version of the wizard of Oz)
- I am a huge fan of the discworld books by Terry Pratchett.
- If someone sits down with me and explains them to me I really like Shakespeare's plays.
I really like listening to The Cat Empire, Yalta Club, Imagine Dragons and Balkanbeats music
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I once was the youngest citizen of the German Democratic Republic.
I hiked through the Israeli sand.
I walked over the summer ice of Norway.
I saw the Japanese rain forest in a taifun.
I experienced the frozen Niagara falls in Canada.
I went to the Australian red sand.
I had a headache on the salt plains of Bolivia.
I jumped off a bridge in New Zealand.
I lived in the Athens of the North in Scotland.
I can find lots of different verbs and activities to avoid saying "travel"
Teach, Learn, Share
If you are interested in historical facts about Greifswald, Germany, then I can help you because I used to be a tour guide there.
I can teach you a joke in German.
What I Can Share with Hosts
My amazing pasta skills!
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Bolivia, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Palestine, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Australia, Germany, United Kingdom