Not Accepting Guests
- Last login about 2 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Roman’s full profile. It’s free!
To assemble the Rubik's cube
Misbalancing the world by doing weird things.
- Filmed a documentary about India.
- Got lost in malaysian jungle, built a shelter and spent a night in it.
- Stayed a few nights with people practicing one of the last cargo cults on earth.
- Spent a night in a tower on the Great Wall of China playing ocarina.
- Climbed a 7010m mountain.
- Sang a song in Tok Pisin.
- Started a Lonely Planet killer called Journeum.
- Together with an army of cockroaches stayed in a 1$ hotel in Bangladesh.
- Saw hundreds of people piercing themselves with unsuitable objects in Malaysia.
- Tripped out with high fever at Hare Krishna headquarters in India.
- Dressed as zombie in Australia.
- Avoiding sponsoring Burmese government and lied to officials to get into Bagan for free.
- Rode a bus on the roof in Timor.
- For a week surfed web from the presidential palace in Dili.
- Been to a grave in a cave and attended a funeral in Tana Toraja.
- Hitchhiked to the Most southern point of eurasia.
- 23 years in a row lived in a place that has heaps of snow for several months a year.
- Hugged random people on Alexanderplatz in Berlin.
- Twice voluntarily quit a job after being offered a great promotion to move to a new country and start everything from scratch.
- Bribed a policeman to keep the drivers license.
- Walked through minefields in Syria.
- Saw machine gun fireworks in a disputed country of Abkhazia
- Got a lift in a police car with three drunk policemen.
- According to my birth certificate, the city and country where I was born do not exist anymore.
Live every day as if it is the last one.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
Converted people into Couchsurfing all around the world.
Within the last several years of participating in CS project many people were my guests and hosts. The most amazing thing about it all is that often couchsurfing does not end on the last day of staying but continues afterwards: you met so many amazing people with absolutely different and interesting lives, curious stories and great ideas. Sometimes they become your friends or even may change the course of your life or the way you see it.
Berlin winter camp '09.
Riga winter camp '05.
Travelled and sometimes couchsurfed in:
My Visited Countries
Get your own Visited Countries Map from Travel Blog
Travelling the world with purpose, trekking and mountaineering, rock climbing, photography. Learning new languages and anything new in general. I like cooking when there is somebody to cook for.
Music, Movies, and Books
After many years decided to write this section. Let's see what I have on the shelf and my hard drive right now.
- The Shadow Of The Wind, Carlos Ruiz Zafon
- The Glass Palace, Amitav Gosh
- On the road, Kerouak
- One flew over the cuckoo's nest, Ken Keasey
- Gogol Bordello
- Emir Kusturica
- Oliver Shanti
- Bob Marley
- Heaps of russian bard music
- The kite runner
- Into the wild
- Achilles and the Tortoise (Takeshi Kitano)
- The wind will carry us (Abbas Kiarostami)
- Amarcord (Fellini)
- La vita e bella (Benini)
- Wings of desire 2 (Himmel uber Berlin 2, Wim Wenders)
- Man with a movie camera
- The Blues Brothers
- The Very Same Munchhausen (a great russian movie)
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
See top section.
Couchsurfing, hitchhiking and all non-stereotypical situations I've been to brought many surprises that supported my belief in human kindness and generosity again and again.
Teach, Learn, Share
I can teach you languages that I speak and will be asking unlimited questions about your language if you are willing to talk about it.
Photography is another passion, so fellow photographers are more than welcomed to share and learn. I can teach you how to make better photos if you don't have that "amazing shot" button on your camera.
I can teach you rock climbing (requires a trip to the nearby climbing spot).
If you love cooking, I would love to learn new dishes. I can share my knowledge with you of course.
Countries I’ve Visited
Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Cambodia, China, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, India, Indonesia, Iran, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Myanmar, Netherlands, North Korea, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, Singapore, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Syrian Arab Republic, Thailand, Timor-Leste (East Timor), Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Vanuatu, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In
Australia, Netherlands, Poland, Russian Federation