Wants to Meet Up
- 100% response rate
- Last login 7 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Tim’s full profile.
Please read the additional information on my home description.
I can host you during the daytime only, keep you company, cook vegan food. The local police has forbidden foreigners sleeping in private house and here in my area they are very strict with it, so you will need to pay about 10 to 15 usd per night per person for a hotel room near us. I welcome visitors that love to talk and spend time with me and my 3-year-old son. He speaks English and Vietnamese. Also Vietnamese friends welcome!
Specially warm greetings to Ukrainians. I am happy to get to know them but I do not want accept citizens of terrorist countries unless they show that they are for peace and human rights and not support violence to others.
- - - - - - - -
* I am originally from Finland, also Australian citizen. I have travelled a lot in Europe, Asia and Oceania.
* I was nomad for a couple of years but in 2016 chose Vietnam to be my new home country.
* I am peaceful but talkative, friendly.
* I do not need alcohol, cigarettes or other drugs to be all that I want to be.
* I am vegan, it is strict vegetarian, I am happy to meet and get to know other gentle and friendly vegans.
* I am partially sighted, in many countries legally blind.
* I live in the countryside with my wife and her family. Our life is very simple country life. We go to bed eary and get up early.
* I am also a volunteer English teacher.
* In the future I will be building my vegan paradise using permaculture principles, natural building.
* May 2018: Now I live with my wife near Dalat city in Lam Dong province.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I am no more travelling or surfing, at least not for a long time, but I have settled in with my Vietnamese wife and our child.
We, my partner and myself, want to talk to people, make friends.
We want to meet many guests in our house and the nearby town.
I also want to introduce people from many countries to my wife and her family and since 2019 our little son.
From Oct 2019 on our baby boy is the ultimate centre of our attention. I hope that there will be international friends visit us, especially those who like children and can interact with them.
I like Asia and Asians, especially those cultures where being vegan, vegetarian is appreciated. Gentle Buddhism and spirituality is for me. I also do yoga for physical health and spiritual balance. Though I am not strictly religious.
Music, Movies, and Books
Finnish language audiobooks, history, philosophy, psychology, politics
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
became a father. Became vegan in 2005
Teach, Learn, Share
English, Finnish Russian language. European, Australian, Asian culture and lifestyle. Life experience and all my travels.
I am a volunteer English teacher. Also interested in gardening, permaculture, vegan food and lifestyle.
What I Can Share with Hosts
Walk, talk, life experience, vegan lifestyle and food.
I can help people with English conversation. I speak slowly and clearly.
Potential hosts: please note that I snore at night. I can not help it. So, if you want to host me, please not that. If it is too much for you, then we can just meet up. Most contacts here are just with people that I meet up for a lunch or coffee or walk.
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cambodia, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Germany, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Kazakhstan, Laos, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malaysia, Montenegro, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In
Australia, Finland, Malaysia, Singapore, Ukraine, Viet Nam