Maybe Accepting Guests
- Last login about 7 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Tim’s full profile. It’s free!
2017: June .... Viet Nam, back here again. Living in Lai Vung, Dong Thap province. I live in a small village in the middle or rice fields and banana plants, rivers. I am occasionally teaching English locally but mostly online via skype and social media.
2017: May: In Finland, Salo, Inkoo, Helsinki, Turku.
2017 - March / April: doing volunteer work in Kyiv Ukraine. I am renting an old apartment. I may be able to host you subject to approval of my landlord.
3/2017 : March 11th flying from HCMC to Bangkok. 14/3 Bagnkok - Almaty. About 20 hours stay in Almaty. What to do?. 15/3 Arriving at Kyiv Ukraine. Will be teaching Finnish and English. May: Finland. June 11th: Flying from Helsinki to Hanoi, travelling by train to HCMC and then back home in Lai Vung.
12/2016 - 3/2017: living in a small village in Southern Vietnam with my girlfriend and her family, Sa Dec, Lai vung.
2016: Что я делаю и хочу больше делать в Украине, можете видеть зедсь. Там можно и видео смотреть.
Finland is my original country but I do not stay there. What you can see above under my name is where I am now, if staying in one place more than a week. I do not get my address verified because the system is too slow for me :)
Mature male, over 50, happy to be your grandfather while you are away from your real one LOL.
* I am peaceful but talkative, friendly.
* I do not need alcohol, cigarettes or other drugs to be all that I want to be.
* I am vegan, it is strict vegetarian,
* I like to meet people who do yoga and meditation, are vegan and vegetarian, Chinese, Vietnamese, Buddhists, East European... just for reference, not to judge or discriminate anyone, just an example on what kind of people I usually get most along with. Still I am open to other kinds of people too, willing to get surprised and learn to like new things.
* Physically I am not fit, my eyes are bad so I need to go slowly and carefully, but I can walk over 40 km a day (30 over miles I think, I am not a mathematician ;) ). Yes, sometimes I need help like anyone does, but still independent and experienced traveller.
Here is a video promoting me as a volunteer English teacher
More about me in my legacy profile https://www.couchsurfing.com/users/1694053/profile/legacy
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I am retired from IT work in Europe and Australia. Not much money but enough to travel if stay homeless and live simple nomadic life.
I do not like sit at home, not watch TV (can not see haha). I like to meet people, talk to them, do easy hiking, walking and easy yoga sometimes.
From young and friendly people I can get positive energy. From anyone I can learn and with like-minded souls I can feel like at home.
If not couchsurfing - then tourist groups and hotels with other old people. Yikes, no thank you. I really enjjoy the backpacking, cuchsurfing lifestyle. Without it no point to travel.
And when too old and sick I will get a house and invite my CS friends to stay as guests :) It may be after 2040 so stay tuned ....
Nice people, friendship, nature, walking, light hiking, vegan food, vegetarian lifestyle, animals, nature, ecology, environment, sustainable living, community work, languages, Russian, Finnish, English, teaching, studying, yoga, meditation.
I like Asia and Asians, especially those culture where being vegan, vegetarian is appreciated. Gentle Buddhism and spirituality is for me. I am
Music, Movies, and Books
* Ajahn Brahm https://youtu.be/H94Dz4Iq2d4
* Egor Letov, https://youtu.be/Gd3DEtbxP30
* GrOb https://youtu.be/u69gjq0_crk
* Kirtan https://youtu.be/wiyoxwD41Cc
* chanting, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG_lNuNUVd4
* Sibelius https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adKwG9ZuzFw
* Birds https://youtu.be/239d5JM161Q?t=2h52m19s
* Finnish rock https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9Xz957qRso
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Migrated to Australia.
Teach, Learn, Share
English, Finnish Russian language. European, Australian, Asian culture and lifestyle. Life experience and all my travels.
I am a volunteer English teacher and motivational speaker
What I Can Share with Hosts
Walk, talk, life experience, vegan lifestyle and food.
I can help people with English conversation. I speak slowly and clearly.
Potential hosts: please note that I snore at night. I can not help it. So, if you want to host me, please not that. If it is too much for you, then we can just meet up. Most contacts here are just with people that I meet up for a lunch or coffee or walk.
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cambodia, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Germany, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Kazakhstan, Laos, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malaysia, Montenegro, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In
Australia, Finland, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand