Maybe Accepting Guests
- 100% response rate
- Last login about 2 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Tim’s full profile. It’s free!
2017 Oct: Looks like I am settling in here, a small country village in Mekong Delta area.
I do not have proper accommodation but I still wish to have guests visiting with whom I can hang around and speak English.
No more traveling in 2017. For this year Vietnam, Thailand, Kazakhstan, Finland, Ukraine are enough
* I am originally from Finland, then moved to Singapore then Australia where I am a citizen now.
* I was nomad for a couple of years but in 2016 chose Vietnam to be my new home country.
* I am peaceful but talkative, friendly.
* I do not need alcohol, cigarettes or other drugs to be all that I want to be.
* I am vegan, it is strict vegetarian, I am happy to meet and get to know other gentle and friendly vegans.
* I am partially sighted, in many countries legally blind.
Here is a video promoting me as a volunteer English teacher
More about me in my legacy profile https://www.couchsurfing.com/users/1694053/profile/legacy
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I am retired from IT work in Europe and Australia. Not much money but enough to live simple life.
I do not like sit at home, not watch TV (can not see haha). I like to meet people, talk to them, do easy hiking, walking and easy yoga sometimes.
From young and friendly people I can get positive energy. From anyone I can learn and with like-minded souls I can feel like at home.
If not couchsurfing - then tourist groups and hotels with other old people. Yikes, no thank you. I really enjjoy the backpacking, cuchsurfing lifestyle. Without it no point to travel.
And when too old and sick I will get a house and invite my CS friends to stay as guests :) It may be after 2040 so stay tuned ....
Nice people, friendship, nature, walking, light hiking, vegan food, vegetarian lifestyle, animals, nature, ecology, environment, sustainable living, community work, languages, Russian, Finnish, English, teaching, studying, yoga, meditation.
I like Asia and Asians, especially those culture where being vegan, vegetarian is appreciated. Gentle Buddhism and spirituality is for me. I am
Music, Movies, and Books
* Ajahn Brahm https://youtu.be/H94Dz4Iq2d4
* Egor Letov, https://youtu.be/Gd3DEtbxP30
* GrOb https://youtu.be/u69gjq0_crk
* Kirtan https://youtu.be/wiyoxwD41Cc
* chanting, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG_lNuNUVd4
* Sibelius https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adKwG9ZuzFw
* Birds https://youtu.be/239d5JM161Q?t=2h52m19s
* Finnish rock https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9Xz957qRso
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Migrated to Australia.
Teach, Learn, Share
English, Finnish Russian language. European, Australian, Asian culture and lifestyle. Life experience and all my travels.
I am a volunteer English teacher and motivational speaker
What I Can Share with Hosts
Walk, talk, life experience, vegan lifestyle and food.
I can help people with English conversation. I speak slowly and clearly.
Potential hosts: please note that I snore at night. I can not help it. So, if you want to host me, please not that. If it is too much for you, then we can just meet up. Most contacts here are just with people that I meet up for a lunch or coffee or walk.
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cambodia, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Germany, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Kazakhstan, Laos, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malaysia, Montenegro, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In
Australia, Finland, Singapore, Viet Nam