Maybe Accepting Guests
- Last login 2 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Tim’s full profile.
November 2021. Still not allowed to host or meet people. Let's see what the situation will be in August 2023. If all goes well, may be then. My son will be 4 years old and I hope I could provide him good international contacts.
June 2020: Still not allowed to host but if you want to stay in a hotel nearby and meet me and my baby, then let me know.
October 2019: There is a little baby in the house, our first child, lovely son. Hosting is limited for a few reasons but genuine guests with some additional love to children will be considered.
August 2019: Moved back to Mekong delta area in Dong Thap province . I am living with my wife's extended family in a small village near the town of Lai Vung. Also Sa Dec city is nearby, and Long Xuyen. I am an independent WWOOF host for vegans and people interested in permaculture. If you are truly interested, you can always ask me for more details.
- - - - - - - -
* I am originally from Finland, also Australian citizen. I have travelled a lot in Europe, Asia and Oceania.
* I was nomad for a couple of years but in 2016 chose Vietnam to be my new home country.
* I am peaceful but talkative, friendly.
* I do not need alcohol, cigarettes or other drugs to be all that I want to be.
* I am vegan, it is strict vegetarian, I am happy to meet and get to know other gentle and friendly vegans.
* I am partially sighted, in many countries legally blind.
* I live in the countryside with my wife and her family. Our life is very simple country life. We go to bed eary and get up early.
* I am also a volunteer English teacher.
* In the future I will be building my vegan paradise using permaculture principles, natural building.
* May 2018: Now I live with my wife near Dalat city in Lam Dong province.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I am no more travelling or surfing, at least not for a long time, but I have settled in with my Vietnamese partner.
We, my partner and myself, want to talk to people, make friends.
We want to meet many guests in our house and the nearby town.
I also want to introduce people from many countries to my wife and her family and since 2019 our little son.
From Oct 2019 on our baby boy is the ultimate centre of our attention. I hope that there will be international friends visit us, especially those who like children and can interact with them.
I like Asia and Asians, especially those cultures where being vegan, vegetarian is appreciated. Gentle Buddhism and spirituality is for me. I also do yoga for physical health and spiritual balance. Though I am not strictly religious.
Music, Movies, and Books
* Ajahn Brahm https://youtu.be/H94Dz4Iq2d4
* Egor Letov, https://youtu.be/Gd3DEtbxP30
* GrOb https://youtu.be/u69gjq0_crk
* Kirtan https://youtu.be/wiyoxwD41Cc
* chanting, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG_lNuNUVd4
* Sibelius https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adKwG9ZuzFw
* Birds https://youtu.be/239d5JM161Q?t=2h52m19s
* Finnish rock https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9Xz957qRso
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
became a father.
Teach, Learn, Share
English, Finnish Russian language. European, Australian, Asian culture and lifestyle. Life experience and all my travels.
I am a volunteer English teacher. Also interested in gardening, permaculture.
What I Can Share with Hosts
Walk, talk, life experience, vegan lifestyle and food.
I can help people with English conversation. I speak slowly and clearly.
Potential hosts: please note that I snore at night. I can not help it. So, if you want to host me, please not that. If it is too much for you, then we can just meet up. Most contacts here are just with people that I meet up for a lunch or coffee or walk.
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cambodia, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Germany, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Kazakhstan, Laos, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malaysia, Montenegro, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In
Australia, Finland, Malaysia, Singapore, Ukraine, Viet Nam