Not Accepting Guests
- Last login over 3 years ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Louise’s full profile. It’s free!
To meet, mingle and spread a little joy!
I had a dream - to move to a small island and be independent. I am living the dream and am still surprised daily at how lucky I have been!
I lived in Tokyo for many years after landing there on the last leg of an around-world-trip. I enjoy Japan a great deal but am always thinking of future destinations. I am an upbeat person with an open attitude to life.
I can be social and a love everything from light talk at dinner parties to serious 1-1s. However, I am also a deep thinker who likes time to reflect too. I enjoy my own company and am a resourceful solo traveller.
I welcome contact from CSers but particularly those from Europe/outside Asia.
I am a mother and my daughter and I are vegetarian but we have a flexible approach to eating, and I enjoy fish and fabulous cuisine when on my trips.
Originally from the UK, my inspiration for travel came from my friendships with the lovely Aussies/Kiwi friends that I met in London. I have visited; Japan, Okinawan Islands, Thailand, Australia, India, Tanzania, Zanzibar, Jordan, Egypt, Holland, Ibiza, Mallorca, Greek Islands (Kos, Mikonos, Poros) the
U.S.A. (California a few times, Los Vegas and many states in the middle) and Malaysia.
Traveling to NYC/Miami/Jamaica in 2014.
I want to go to Granada/Al Hambra in Spain, the beautiful fresh landscapes of Austria/Germany, South Africa, Easter Island, Bali, Hawaii many more destinations.
The grass may be greener elsewhere, but it still needs feeding, cutting and taking care of!
Meditation is the key to self understanding.
Intelligent conversation and laughter are part of my reasons for being.
No music, no life
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
Coffee/drinks/dinner/travel advice (not via mail).
My work and family commitments are heavy so I kindly request that you use Google or traveller's forums for random Qs about the island :)
I wish to be part of a growing community and touch people's lives (even if it's just in the smallest of ways). I am excited about learning more about the world via close exposure to people with many varying experiences
I have entertained some really interesting and fantastic people who have become long-term friends and this is such a beautiful community if it is used respectfully.
- Learning new skills and finding out new things and slants on life
- Sandcastle building
- Making/dreaming about bohemian style beach parties :)
- Getting lost in the pages of huge coffee table books, enjoying fabulous photography, artwork and pictures
- People watching from fabulous portholes, with a delicious coffee
- Dance (Arabic, flamenco, anything of beauty and grace)
- Discovering eclectic clubs, bars and speakeasys
- Karl Sagan,
- Educating my child
- Kimono (I was an avid collector!)
- Design, historical and modern
- Zoning out with my weights
- Watching sunsets and sunrises, city skylines and the Milky Way
- ballet dancing
- solo travel
Music, Movies, and Books
Dance, house, progressive, rave, trance, trip hop, classical, Arabic, Spanish, world, Latin, blues, Indie....
I like movies with multi-layered plots, twists to the tale etc...international and 'alternative' genres, but I also like Vanilla Sky, The Boiler Room, Luc Besson movies, Dangerous Liaisons, Lost in Translation, Sideways, Adaptation
There isn't a lot of time for me to indulge in reading!
The Magus (John Fowles) is one of my favourites because I read it when I was just 12 and enjoy revisiting it.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Fortunately, there have been so many, but these are on my top list;
- Egypt - all of it! The sights and sounds were mesmerizing and I have a particular passion for the music
- The Rose City of Petra.
- Zanzibar. I will never forget the smell of the spices drying in the intense midday sun, the beautiful doors and architecture and the emerald green sea
- Udaipur. Although I would describe my experiences in India as 'varied', I will never forget seeing the sparkling lights over the lake at night, upon arrival after the 17hr coach ride from hell! Fabulous place
Many many more....
Teach, Learn, Share
Interesting, fun times. Basic Japanese culture/customs/language.
Countries I’ve Visited
Australia, China, Egypt, Greece, India, Jordan, Malaysia, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Tanzania, Thailand, Uganda, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Japan, Jordan, United Kingdom