Wants to Meet Up
- Last login 2 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Tom’s full profile. It’s free!
I'm a warm-hearted, idealistic person. Characteristical for a person from Northern Germany, I may come off as reserved in the beginning, but I quickly open up, and I enjoy to conect with people from different backgrounds.:-)
I have a strong urge to use my time for the benefit of society, that's why I'm working in sustainability.
If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
Mostly by hosting surfers
Electronic Music for dancing (some people call it "Electrohouse"), Guitar music for passion (anything that exhibits authenticity, skill, rythm, melody), Yoga, Cycling, personal productivity.
Music, Movies, and Books
Some stuff that I enjoy:Listen:John Mayer, Dave Matthews, Daft Punk, Eva Cassidy, Bela Fleck. Lately also Electro-House.Lots of podcasts, too. Recommended: This American Life, Popup Chinese Sinica,Read: I'm always struggling to keep up with my Instapaper queue. Besides: The Kite Runner, The God Delusion, Der Steppenwolf, Seven Years in Tibet, The Curious Incident of the Dog in The Nighttime, Watership DownWatch:Documentaries of all kinds. Recently enjoyed surfing and snowboarding docos.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Stargazing from the bow of a sailboat off the Whitsunday Islands in Australia
- Riding a mountain bike down the "road of death" in Bolivia, across 70km and 4 climate zones
- Representing Kenya in a Model United Nations Conference in China
- Meeting youth leaders from 110 countries on a global conference in Hungary
Teach, Learn, Share
- how to play the "Super Mario" theme music on the guitar (badly)
- the in's and out's of living in China as a foreigner
- the story of my beloved green plastic spork
- Concepts and philosophies in personal productivity, language learning and media consumption (super-nerdy, I kow)
- why podcasts are the best thing since sliced bread, and which ones are my favourites
- Spanish language. Offering to practice Spanish with me is the fastest way to a positive couch request :-)
- a few words in your native language
- the art of cooking in a minimally equipped kitchen
Countries I’ve Visited
Bolivia, Chile, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Hungary, Ireland, Netherlands, New Zealand, Peru, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Thailand
Countries I’ve Lived In
Australia, Austria, China, Germany