Maybe Accepting Guests
- 100% response rate
- Last login 4 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Tom’s full profile. It’s free!
The sun makes my day, my life.
Music colours my life.
Like cities, love nature.
Like being alone, love the company of others.
Like cosy winter days, love cycling in a t-shirt.
I teach English, Dutch, geography, history and drama at a Waldorf/Steiner school in Gent, that is to 12 to 18 year old kids. Job of my life.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
The times I used couchsurfing (or WWOOFing) to travel were some of the most enriching journeys. I hosted a bunch of wonderful people and I hope to host more. Surfed couches in Berlin, Porto and Christchurch.
* Music, music, music: finding/listening/experiencing.
* Ecology, all things organic, vegetarian/vegan, sustainable and ethical.
* Teaching and everything that has to do with it.
* Queer/gay/LGBT issues.
* Films, theatre and art.
* Anthroposophy & all things Steiner.
* Discovering the world and especially its people.
Music, Movies, and Books
* MUSIC: too much for this little box. A selection: Sigur Ros, Radiohead, The Cure, Arcade Fire, The Knife, Blonde Redhead, The xx, Calexico, Hot Chip, Neil Young, alt-J, The War on Drugs, M.I.A., Caribou, Lana Del Rey, Stromae, Beach House, Patti Smith (http://www.last.fm/user/Teewee3).
Recently I've been loving Moderat, Father John Misty, Anderson Paak, Liima, Christine and the Queens, Yeasayer and PJ Harvey.
* FILMS: I'm a huge Tim Burton fan. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Lost in Translation, Where the Wild Things Are, Mr. Nobody, Sin City, Garden State, Into the Wild, Slumdog Millionaire, A Single Man, Black Swan, Carnage, J'ai Tué Ma Mère, Shrek.
* SERIES: Six Feet Under, Girls, The Bridge, The Simpsons, Top of the Lake, Breaking Bad, Miranda, Twin Peaks, Little Britain, House of Cards, Better Call Saul, Rita, Californication.
* BOOKS: Kazuo Ishiguro, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Bret Easton Ellis, Philippe Besson, Aidan Chambers, Jonathan Safran Foer, John Williams, Julian Barnes. Trying to read "Walden" (been trying for a really long time though).
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
ICELAND! The four day Laugavegur hike from Landmannalauger down to Porsmork is the most beautiful and amazing thing I've seen in my life. It made me feel so humble, unimportant and small. I think everybody should do it al least once. Travelling through New Zealand and Myanmar gave me similar feelings for other reasons.
Countries I’ve Visited
Australia, Austria, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Myanmar, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom
Countries I’ve Lived In