Maybe Accepting Guests
- Last login about 4 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Shari’s full profile.
Making new friends while travelling the world and hosting people from all over the world
1. i'm Shari
2. I have several tattoos and piercings
3. I enjoy travelling, meeting new people, exploring new cultures
4. My three best friends live out west in bc and alberta
5. I have my Pleasure craft operator card (my boating liscence)& my fishing liscence
6. I love working at trade shows- meeting new people
7. I'm outgoing, spontaneous, random, fun
8. I dislike : harry potter, insane clown posse, ignorant, closed minded people
9. I wear a lot of: skateboarding/snowboarding clothing-although have recently started dressing more feminine
10. I listen to rock, punk,metal music for the most part, but enjoy some hip hop, rap
11. I was born in the city of Toronto and lived there for 32 years
In December 2017 my mom and I moved to the country (Barry's bay) to be close to my dad who suffered a massive stroke. My mom is now in a nursing home also.
12. I drink sometimes, but trying not to as much...did it for years, it's time for a change
13. My family hosted foreign exchange students for years while I was growing up
14. I have 7 diplomas in teaching English to speakers of other languages
.i've travelled to: Amsterdam,Wurzberg & Kitzigen Germany, Vitoria, Madrid Spain,London England x 2,Las Vegas x 3,Boston,New York x 2,Kentucky,Montreal (lived there for 6 months, been there many times),Vancouver x 2,Tijuana,Nogales, Monterrey Mexico, San Diego, Los Angeles x 4, Hollywood x 4, San Fransisco, Edmonton x 3, Kelowna x 2, Jasper, Orlando, Tampa, Miami x 4, Phoenix, Tucson, Malibu, San Antonio, Houston, Austin, Santiago de Cuba (Cuba), Trinidad x 2, Monterrey Mexico, Dallas Texas, Tulsa Oklahoma
I love hanging out in the city/country
Exploring nature or sightseeing
What I am looking for: To do everything this summer that i've wanted to do and have never done...I want to go fishing, more cottages, road trips, camping...
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
.Ive hosted many people now and 95% were positive experiences.... I've surfed once in Montreal and it was terrible... Everyone in the house could speak English but refused to.
The most spontaneous thing I've done was flew to germany and amsterdam to meet 2 people from myspace in 2005. 13 years later Jason from Germany came to visit my small town for 3 days... I was thankful to see him after so many years, but he passed away in December 2018 ...
Movies, Music, Concerts, Travelling, Nintendo, Photography, Tattoos, Meeting New People, Hanging Out, Pubs, Bars, Drinking, Road Trips, Beaches, camping, hiking, the beach
- pub crawls
- metal music
- road trips
Music, Movies, and Books
Halloween - Horror
Pretty in Pink
The clown at midnight
Music: Rancid, HIM, The Used, No Doubt, Face to Face, City & Colour, Atreyu, Bayside, Hollywood Undead, Enter Shikari, Cobra Starship, Sublime, The Creepshow, Killswitch Engage, 36 Crazyfists, Between the buried and me, Coheed and cambria, Gavin Rossdale, Three Star Seed, My Darkest Days, All that Remains, Silverstein, Motley Crue, Papa Roach, The Beatles, Elvis, Beach Boys, Cyndi Lauper, Boy George, The Specials, Less than Jake, Bouncing Souls, Tiger Army, NOFX, Operation Ivy, Leftover Crack, Choking Victim, Goldfinger, Aiden, A Wilhelm Scream, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Nirvana, Weezer, The Offspring, Pulley, Papa Roach, Between The Buried and Me, Bullet For My Valentine, Enter Shikari.
Books - Down To This - Helter Skelter
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
California-all of the wild plants, flowers, buildings...nothing that can be grown in canada's climate.
Teach, Learn, Share
I can show you typical tourist things or unknown places that only locals know of :)
Countries I’ve Visited
Canada, Cuba, Germany, Mexico, Netherlands, Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In