Not Accepting Guests
- 81% response rate
- Last login 8 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Neha and Vishal’s full profile. It’s free!
To visit the restaurant at the end of the universe
I'm a yoga teacher, a gypsy at heart, a wanderer, a day-dreamer and a life-long learner. Love sunshine, walking aimlessly, meeting people, talking, listening people, sharing experiences, making friends, reading anything and everything... travelling is just not a hobby but its how I love to challenge my creative boundaries, how I live my life...
My passions are travelling, vegetarian food and books but not necessarily in that order. I am an engineering graduate from Mumbai where I spent most of my formative years. Subsequently, I worked for an IT firm for more than five years and finally quit to backpack solo through the length and breadth of India.
Neha: Live and let live
I am always looking out for new experiences. I really believe in not wishing or doing something to others that you wouldn't want to happen to you. That and we are all human, about time we realized it!
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
We really love the idea of CS and cultural exchange. We have travelled extensively and have surfed as well as hosted a lot of couchsurfers. Now looking forward to host and contribute to the CS community.
What really amazes me us the sheer generosity and trust people show while interacting with couchsurfers. It is so humbling and awe-inspiring. We have met some really amazing souls and hope to try and be a bit like them.
Neha: Yoga, Dance, Music, reading, walking, hiking, cycling.
Vishal: Travelling, Food, Books, Movies, Music and all other forms of sensory indulgence. :)
Music, Movies, and Books
Animations, light hearted films and books that are set in real life and have something to teach.
Lord of the Rings and other science fiction, fantasy stuff. Marvel, DC universe comics and movies. Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar, Kabhi Haan kabhi naa, Socha na Tha, Andaz Apna Apna, etc.
My Goodreads profile: http://www.goodreads.com/vishalpipraiya
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
1) Walked through the Salt Desert (Rann of Kutch) in Gujarat on a full moon night and camped for the night with not a living soul for 4 KM's. The salt reflects the moonlight to make it seem as if the ground is glowing silver.
2) Sitting on the shores of Lake Pangong which instantly puts you in a trance.
3) Taking a dip in the Golden Temple Lake in Amritsar at midnight and coming back up with just my head above the water and see the golden dome reflect in front of me. Blessed.
4) Living on the roof of an abandoned church in Diu.
5) The rock boulders, landscape and ancient temples of Hampi.
6) Temple carvings of Halebid, Karnataka
7) Tri Coloured Ocean at Kanyakumari
8) Trekking upto the Living Root bridge in Cherrapunjee
9) The temple city of Orchha with its sky touching spires.
10) Gazing at the Taj Mahal on a full moon night.
1) Stay with a tribal fisherwoman on the beaches of Gokarna
Teach, Learn, Share
We built a business from scratch and would love to share our experiences and learnings from it.
Well I worked as a tech support guy for a long time so I fix computers and I have a lot of experience travelling alone in India and abroad so I could dole out some handy tips on that too. Add to that a personal philosophy on life and spiritualism.
What I Can Share with Hosts
Apart from our Love and Hospitality
Vishal: Travel Stories
Countries I’ve Visited
Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, United Arab Emirates
Countries I’ve Lived In