- Last login 2 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Wanjiru’s full profile.
I’m a government employee working and living in Nairobi (specifically Kitengela, Kenya) with my family. (I used to live in Mombasa but now I relocated to Nairobi. I stay 117km from the Namanga border ie. Kenya-Tanzania border. So my place would be convenient if you are transitioning to or from Tz).
I have interests in the following areas;
- Food- I’m such a foodie!!I love everything about food. I love baking,cooking and of course eating😁. Surfers who share this food passion are exactly the type that I want to host and are more than welcome to use my kitchen . My family would love it if you can cook us at least one meal during your stay with us.
I will always give preference to surfers who share in this food passion.
-Traveling of course:- my goal is to visit as many countries as possible so tips and tricks on cheap and light traveling will be highly appreciated.
- Books-I try to read at least a book a month. Also, I’m trying to build a home library that’s as diverse as possible. So, surfers are welcome to recommend a good read or even bring me a book 😅.
- D.I.Y- I’m big on Do It Yourself projects and I’m always trying to find something interesting to do. Ideas on awesome projects are more than welcome especially ones my toddlers can join in.
-At the moment I CAN ONLY HOST COUPLES AND FEMALE SURFERS. For male surfers I'm only available to hang out after office hours. I.e After 5pm
-PLEASE READ THE HOUSE RULES UNDER ADDITIONAL INFORMATION BEFORE SENDING A REQUEST. Thanks.
- When requesting to stay with us, please send a personalized request. I will decline 😔(sadly) requests that say, “Hi, I’m in Nairobi , can I stay with you for a couple of nights?”
Send a personal request not generic.
-I would love to host people we share common interests, so please point out we share in common if any when requesting to stay.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I’m not always able to travel so it’s awesome to host travelers to keep the traveling fire burning and make lasting acquaintances .
- adventure travel
- adrenaline junkie
Music, Movies, and Books
Hillsong worship, comedy and fiction books
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
-I bungee jumped at Victoria falls in Dec 2015.
- Saving for a skydiving experience.
Teach, Learn, Share
I’m a fun loving and easy human. You can teach me anything, a dance move, a party trick, literally anything.
I can teach surfers what I know in there area of interest and of course share about our experiences in travels and life at large.
What I Can Share with Hosts
I clean up after myself so I won’t leave behind a mess😅, can share stories of my experiences and I could cook a meal from my country.
Countries I’ve Visited
China, Malawi, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Countries I’ve Lived In