Maybe Accepting Guests
- 0% response rate
- Last login 5 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Willem’s full profile. It’s free!
To live and work around the world and experience the culture of these places in the same way locals do!
My name is Willem Hegen, working in major events around the world! Love travel and adventure as well as meeting new people and exploring new places. Currently living in Wellington, New Zealand.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover!(mark twain, 1835 - 1910)
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
Creating a place to stay for others and hoping to be able to stay somewhere else as well! Meeting people!
Had some brilliant couchsurfing experience and met great people through it! Have also organised a number of events on CS.
Sports, Festivals & Events, Travel, Fun, Outdoor activities, Parties & Meeting new people.
Music, Movies, and Books
Deep- and TechHouse.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Skydive Wanaka, New Zealand
- Hitchhiked 2700km through Europe, visiting 5 countries.
- Dive in Great Barier Reef, Australia
- Visited the Olympic Games and spoke with the Dutch Royals in Vancouver, Canada
- Visit to the European Championship in Switzerland
- Hitchhiked to Canberra
- 10 day snowhike on ski's in Norway, slept in self digged snowcaves!
- Ran a Marathon (42.213km) in Canberra, Australia in 4h 20m 38s
- Worked for Heineken during the London 2012 Olympic Games.
- Visited the Athletes Village during London 2012 Olympic Games.
- Worked at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Games in Russia and visited the Closing Ceremony.
- Worked on the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games!
- Worked for New Zealand Fashion Week.
- Work on the ICC Cricket World Cup in NZ in 2014-2015.
And furthermore my travels to:
Canada, Belgium, Germany, Italy, France, Spain, Portugal, Switzerland, Austria, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, UK, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Russia and ofcourse my homecountry the Netherlands.
What I Can Share with Hosts
A good beer or some wine! I make a good risotto as well!
Countries I’ve Visited
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Russian Federation, San Marino, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom, Vatican City State
Countries I’ve Lived In
Australia, Germany, Netherlands, New Zealand, Scotland