- 100% response rate
- Last login about 7 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Yu’s full profile. It’s free!
I deal with numbers and code during the day, go to a class, watch a movie, read a book, or hang out with friends at night; travel in some weekends, explore San Francisco in the others. I believe in baseball, films, realism, traveling, learning, truth, probability theory, game theory, kind hearts, soulful conversations and good deeds.
Here are a few logistics you want to know about me as a host:
- I don't accept requests more than a week in advance.
- The maximum stay is three nights.
- I live in a studio, you will be sleeping in the same room as I do, on the couch or in your sleeping bag.
- I have a busy job so I won't be able to hang out with you during the day on weekdays.
Regardless whether you are sending me a request or accepting an "invite", you need to
* Tell me why you want to stay with me / I should host you :)
* Include the word "livinglow" in your request.
I am an avid movie goer, love to travel, visit museums, take photos, watch baseball, and run almost every day. I am enthusiastically learning French and Italian. I enjoy good conversations.
Music, Movies, and Books
[Movies] Art-house, Foreign Language, Realism.
My favorite film for the past few years: 2017 - God's Own Country, 2016 - Manchester by the Sea, 2015 - 45 Years / Carol, 2014 - Boyhood, 2013 - Frances Ha, 2012 - Oslo, August 31, 2011 - Drive
[Music] Folk, Americana, Indie rock.
Recently listening: The Lumineers, The Head and The Heart, alt-J, Ben Howard, Sufjan Stevens, The Nationals, Arcade Fire, Mumford and Sons...
[Books] Fictions, Realism. Richard Yates, Raymond Carver, Milan Kundera, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Italo Calvino...
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Why one ?!!
- In 2011, I hiked 60 km in 15 hours in Norway to see the midnight sun!
- In 2013, I watched 408 movies in cinema in a year !
- In 2015, I delivered a wedding speech in French in front of 100 French guests!
- In 2017, I ran 6 marathons on 6 different continents.
Countries I’ve Visited
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States, Vatican City State
Countries I’ve Lived In
China, United Kingdom, United States