Not Accepting Guests
- 100% response rate
- Last login about 8 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Yu’s full profile. It’s free!
I deal with numbers and code during the day, go to a class, watch a movie, read a book, or hang out with friends at night; travel in some weekends, explore San Francisco in the others. Having lived in this area for 11 years, I'm still surprised by this city every now and then.
Here are a few logistics you want to know about me as a host...
- I don't accept requests more than a week in advance. Maximum stay is three nights.
- I live in a studio, you will be sleeping on the couch, in the same room as I do.
- If you are here to visit a friend, I think your friend should host you, not me.
Regardless of whether you are sending me a request or accepting an "invite", I will not accept your request without the following...
- Briefly explain why you want to stay with *me* and why I should host *you*.
- Include the word "livinglow" in your request so as to show me you read my profile and agree with my conditions.
I am an avid movie goer, love to travel, visit museums, take photos, watch baseball, and run almost every day. I am enthusiastically learning French and Italian. I enjoy good conversations.
Music, Movies, and Books
[Movies] Art-house, Foreign Language, Realism.
My favorite film for the past few years: 2017 - God's Own Country, 2016 - Manchester by the Sea, 2015 - 45 Years / Carol, 2014 - Boyhood, 2013 - Frances Ha, 2012 - Oslo, August 31, 2011 - Drive
[Music] Folk, Americana, Indie rock.
Recently listening: First Aid Kit, The Lumineers, The Head and The Heart, alt-J, Ben Howard, Sufjan Stevens, The Nationals, Arcade Fire, Mumford and Sons...
[Books] Fictions, Realism. Richard Yates, Raymond Carver, Milan Kundera, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Italo Calvino...
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Why one ?!!
- In 2011, I hiked 60 km in 15 hours in Norway to see the midnight sun!
- In 2013, I watched 408 movies in cinema in a year !
- In 2015, I delivered a wedding speech in French in front of 100 French guests!
- In 2017, I ran 6 marathons on 6 different continents.
Countries I’ve Visited
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States, Vatican City State, Zimbabwe
Countries I’ve Lived In
China, United Kingdom, United States