- 0% response rate
- Last login about 2 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Zake’s full profile.
Send requests only, I don't chat here.
I live in Shenzhen, not Hong Kong.
An action taker & enjoyer of not fitting in.
What if I work and study in a different country every 2-3 years in the next 10 years?
🇨🇳Xi'an -- 🇺🇸 Boulder, CO -- 🇨🇳 Shenzhen -- 🇯🇵/🇩🇪/🇸🇪?
Product Manager | Filmmaker
Interested in VR/AR/AI/Blockchain...
📝I write self reflection weekly & monthly, follow me on Medium:
🎤iTunes Podcast - “张子贺曰” THE ZAKE ZHANG SHOW
🎥 Short Films:
TRIP ARGO | 10 DAYS CROSS IRAN
WHEN THE SNOW RISES, I LOVE YOU | Hokkaido, Japan
ZAKE LEARNS PARAGLIDING | VLOG Ep.2
An article about me from a couchsurfer I hosted:
It's more important to make a small change than play a small part in a big change.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Couchsurfing is a great platform for backpackers to meet new friends and share our different ideas about different topics where we could get inspired and some great ideas will finally emerge.
If you copy and paste a request, then I will never host you. I only host people who read through other's profile, and find similar interests and topics that they want to chat more.
1. Please send request within 14 days before your arrival
2. Don't ask for more than 2 nights for the first visit
Otherwise I think you are just someone looking for free hotel.
I'm actually airbnbing a room when there's no couchsurfer.
photography, product design, VR/AR design, web design, traveling, football, swimming, different cultures and languages.
- film making
- video editing
- product design
Music, Movies, and Books
I prefer folk and indie music, sometimes classic music or rock and Jazz.
Movie: Boyhood, The Revenant, The Hateful Eight, The Grand Budapest Hotel, The Hunt, Human, Django Unchained, The Salt of Earth, Into the Wild
Book: Walk In Their Shoes, The Brief History of Human, They Made America, The Inevitable, Ship of Theseus, How to Fly A Horse, Outliers, Ego Is The Enemy
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
1. Walked and hitchhiked from Xian to Xiamen, about 2,500 miles | Jul 31, 2013
2. Riding for 70 miles with 10,800 ft. elevation in 3 days | Oct 4, 2014
3. Harvard HPAIRx Speaker | Feb 14, 2016
4. The Enlight China Fellow | May 2, 2016
5. Hiking for 20 miles in snowy mountains in 11 hrs | May 28, 2016
6. Speaker at TEDxYaohuLake | Jun 14, 2016.
7. Rejection Therapy | Oct 26, 2016
Randomly ask girls out on date,
ask people to look me in the eyes for 30s...
8. Linkedin Columnist | Nov 1, 2016
Teach, Learn, Share
On weekdays, I'm a product manager at a tech company working on image&camera.
On weekends, I'm a blogger, podcast host and video producer.
I believe the best way to learn something is to teach others how to do it, and I as one of the "Generation Legacy", have the responsibility to create value to the world.
What I Can Share with Hosts
1. Blogging & Personal Branding | 6,000 followers on my WeChat blog
2. Education | 3 years volunteer teaching experience
3. VR/AR/AI | this is our NEXT & projects I've been working on
I consider sharing is also a learning process.
Countries I’ve Visited
Hong Kong, Iran, Japan, Macao, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
China, United States