- 66% response rate
- Last login 16 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Marcel’s full profile.
I am Marcel from Augsburg and short time ago I realized that I did not explore the world this much so far.
So let's change that!
I'd say I am a very communicative and open-minded (probably the most used word on CS haha) guy who really enjoys hanging around with other people and getting to know new personalities.
In young ages you have the possibility and time to go through new experiences and couchsurfing is definitely the best place for that.
What I really like is relaxing to good music, smoking hookah and drinking a good beer (sorry, I am not a real wine-enthusiast). Maybe we could also arrange that - but nothing's a must of course :)
I am more likely the guy who wants to explore different cities and their peoples lifestyle. I mean, isn't it fascinating how people from so many different cultures live together on such small places?
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
When I realized that I have not seen this many places on earth - even in Germany - so far, I made the decision to change that.
On my destinations I could also take a hotel or an apartment for myself, but this definitely would not be the best option to get in touch with the culture and the people.
Getting to know new beautiful cities and new personalities, from different cultures, on different places - this is the reason I am here for!
Music, Movies, and Books
I am possibly the most music addicted guy I know. Actually I am listening to music the whole day long. Since long time now I lost my heart in good Hip Hop music and now I am exploring even a lot more different genres.
So you ever heard of "Traphousejazz"? Me neither until last summer...
I think we definitely could have a lot of fun exchanging some cool new music.
My current favourite artists:
Anderson Paak, Chefket, FKJ, Tash Sultana, LeRoyce, Masego, Brockhampton....
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Oh there are a lot so far, just to mention some:
- My first Couchsurfing Trip in Germany in 2019: I made a lot of new friends during my trip to Cologne, Hambourg and Berlin. I found out that I am more the kind of guy who wants to meet new people during vacation than just visiting boring sights. So we had a lot of fun going to Bars, Clubs or just sitting on a river and talking the world.
- I did a boat trip with my friends in Croatia. First Croatia sounds a bit boring but it was crazy how many little islands this country has. Exploring it with a small boat, sleeping on the boat and travelling to islands you could never get to know without a boat was really exciting.
- In summer 2019 i was working as a volunteer on the biggest Festival in Augsburg, called "Modular" with about 30.000 visitors. I was part of the artist care crew and so I got to know many different interesting artist. After some beer you can imagine, it was a great vibe with all of them.
- In 2018 after my apprenticeship I was working as an Area Manager in external sales in the region Stuttgart / Bodensee (Lake Constance). Often I was out for the whole week and on the evening I could not just sit in my hotel room and relax. So I often went out and got to knew a lot of new people.
It always was great fun and brought me to the idea of visiting other cities by couchsurfing.
- During the apprenticeship I also went to a college in London for three weeks and lived with a host-family from Sri Lanka.
Teach, Learn, Share
Since I was a young teenager I have been cooking a lot and still I do of course. I love to experience new recipes and also develop my own ones.
So maybe I could show you the one or the other new recipe...
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Egypt, England, France, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Spain