Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 16 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Olga’s full profile.
Originally I am from Russia, but I am a nomad. I don’t have oficial permanent residence. Now I am living in Dominican Republic, more than a year.
I am a biologist by education, former zookeeper, former entrepreneur. I make decor items and jewelry as a hobby.
I like to meet new people and see the ways how people live in different countries. I like cultural studies, anthropology, and ethnography. I believe that there are always something common inside all of us.
My favourite things to spend time:
1. Walking all around the city and watching locals;
2. Exploring zoos, parks, botanical gardens, nature reserves ect…
3. Museums (mostly ethnographic or natural history or any others)
4. Also I don’t mind camping or hiking
5. Meeting local or travelers
6. Music and dancing
From small hobbies:
1. Physical activity: gym or functional training or yoga
3. Making handcrafts
4. Writing (in my language which is Russian)
5. Slow and lazy studying English and Spanish
6. Trying National food
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I am interested in cultural exchange and communication with new people.
Music, Movies, and Books
Stanislav Lem: Solaris, John Fowles: French Lieutenant's Mistress, Fannie Flagg: Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe, The Strugatsky Brothers: Roadside Picnic, Gregory Roberts: Shantaram
Well, in general, I read popular science books. Of course, my favorite biologist authors are Franz de Waal, Robert Sapolsky and Konrad Lorenz. If not biologists, then Carl Sagan.
My tastes are very specific. All Tarantino and all Guy Ritchie films, and Scandinavian noir.
Almost all kind. I am somewhere between modern classic and “just you don’t have a taste”. Okey. My favourite bands: Arcade fire, Cigarettes After Sex, The doors, The weekend and Shocking blue.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
It’s hard to chose one.
1. Once I washed a 170 cm long (juvenile) crocodile in the bathroom alone (a holdover from working at the zoo)
2. Once I was walking along the coast during the beginning of a hurricane in Manila (the capital of the Philippines)
Teach, Learn, Share
I can teach you to speak Russian, weave macrame, and train animals or the basics of hatha yoga.
What I Can Share with Hosts
I can cook, clean, tell stories.
Countries I’ve Visited
Albania, Armenia, China, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Finland, France, Georgia, Greece, Macedonia, Philippines, Russian Federation, South Korea, Sweden, Thailand, Turkey
Countries I’ve Lived In
Albania, Dominican Republic, Russian Federation