Not Accepting Guests
- Last login about 7 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Dan Cotter’s full profile.
Just a person doing people things.
I think the world needs more real estate developers who actually give a @#$%, so I decided to be one.
When I'm not working - and I work a lot - I'm usually down for a good time. Typically outdoorsy or active things, singing and playing guitar, occasionally making art, and in general exploring new things, enjoying the moment, and loving life.
Anything can happen. Treat life as a "now or never" matter.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I'm just using this site to sell Avon and convert you to Baptism. :-P Joking. I surfed a bunch in Europe after college and hosted a bit after returning, plus I've been in the Atlanta social group since 2008.
1. Chee Che Mat; Galway, Ireland; July 19-20, 2007.
2. Klara Feliksiak; Glasgow, Scotland; July 22-23, 2007.
3. Leo Faccenda; Oban, Scotland; July 24-26
4. Leo Faccenda's friend's James & Dorothy; Stirling, Scotland; July 27-28.
5. Barley Blighton; Abergavenny, Wales; July 2007
6. Ben Gwalchmai; London; August 2007
7. Kinsey Pagden; Haarlem, Holland; August, 2007
8. Benjamin Graneberg; Århus, Denmark; August 20th, 2007
9. Nikoline Tengmark; Copenhagen, Denmark; August 2007
10. Jennifer Morton; Atlanta, Georgia, USA; August 2008
11. Nathan Andren; Detroit, Michigan, USA; May 2009
12. Paul Getty; Denver, CO, USA; June 2009
13. Kevin Selzer; Atlanta, GA, USA; August 2009
14, etc. Stopped counting
1. Autumn & Diane from Portland, OR; Nov 2008
2. Ryan Head from Oberlin, OH/NYC; Jan 2009
3. Will Penman & Graham Foreman from Gainesville, FL; Feb 2009
4. Necrodup/Saint Solitude from Asheville, NC; Feb 2009
5. Paul de Revere from Tallahassee, FL; Feb 2009
6. Sean Maxwell from NYC; March 2009
7. Meg Hart from NYC; April 2009
8. Scott Morris from Adelaide, Australia; May 2009
9. Leyla Aykin from Tampa, FL; July 2009
10. Alex Mangen from Dayton, OH; July 2009
11. Richard Acosta from Los Angeles, CA; August 2009
12. Marina Matova from Brooklyn & Russia; August 2009
13. Jenna Moore from Bethlehem, PA; August 2009
14. Luka Warnke & Georg Rößler from Dresden, Germany; September 2009
15. Christopher Savage from Manchester, England; September 2009
16, etc. Stopped counting
Other meet-ups, gatherings, etc.:
-Hung out with Gabiria who guided me around Rome, Italy; October 2007
-El Niño showed me around Atlanta, GA; October 2008
-Various activities (especially weekly hangouts) with the Atlanta Group, starting October 2008
-The Great Unclaimed Baggage Center Road Trip, December 2008
-The 1st Annual Detroit Couch Crash, May 2009
-Various Couch Crashes more recently (Greenville, Charleston, Austin)
Real estate development, real estate investing, urban planning, the outdoors, playing guitar and singing, the local music scene, art, people (yes, you)
- swing dancing
- playing guitar
- urban planning
- real estate
- making art
- real estate investing
- real estate development
Music, Movies, and Books
MUSIC: Roots music (blues, folk, bluegrass), classic rock, 90s rock, local Atlanta stuff
BOOKS: Real estate books, biz books, podcasts, fiction, & a little casual science
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Biked the western coast of Ireland. Haggled in a Moroccan medina. Slept in a barn in the Swiss alps and ate cheese fresh from the farm. Jumped out of a plane in Interlaken - over the Swiss alps - at sunset. Got attacked by a little octopus in Italy (unsuccessfully). Drank cheap wine and played guitar under the glow of a moonlit French basilica, starting with a handful of hostel friends & being joined by locals dropping by with a bottle of wine, until late in the night when the police told us all to go home haha.
Teach, Learn, Share
Can teach: guitar, drawing, real estate development, urban planning
Want to learn: real estate investing, other cultures and perspectives, swing dancing, languages
Share: music, art, travel stories and tips
What I Can Share with Hosts
I like to buy hosts a meal. Hosts are the lifeblood of this community and it's a nice little way to say thanks, plus to spend some time together and explore your home town.
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In