Paris, Ile-de-France, France
Last login 10 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Mister Fab's full profile. It's free!View Full Profile
Trouver l'emplacement des Mystérieuses Cités d'Or
My name is Fabrice. If you wanna know more, I assume the best is to find it out by yourself and/or to have a look at my references.
In a few words? *sighs*
Let's give it a try: my favourite word is respect, I believe in Karma or something similar. I try to respect people and also the things around me. Nature and Mother Earth fascinate me and really do deserve lots of respect too.
Things I love:
my girlfriend, exploration, adventure, to feel free, music, guitar, nature, mysteries, philophical questions, watching my bonsai trees growing, photography
I really do believe that everything would be better here if everyone could learn again the meaning of the word "RESPECT".
I believe in Karma and if I'm not really sure you'll be rewarded someday for something good you did, I'm sure you must pay if you did something bad.
“What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.”
"Turn your face to the light and the shadows will fall behind you"
... and a smile can do lots of things.
This is basically the things that rule my life :)
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I host, I surf. Not too bad?
I consider CS is not only a couch to offer and a free place to stay. But the best way to experiment the local life, to take advantage of the knowledge of his host of the local place.
Therefore, I enjoy to spend some time with my host or guest. Sharing a dinner while you're here is a nice thing.
Perhaps we'll organize a visit of the forbidden part of the catacombs of Paris if you're interested.
I am not exactly here to have gifts from my guests, but I must say I am very happy when the surfer thinks about it, and even more if he/she brings me typical food/drink of the place is he/she coming from :) a dinner cooked by my guest is also very welcome :p
The countries where I could step and wander :
visited 22 states (9.77%)Create your own visited map of The World or jurisdische vertaling duits?
- Alice (Alice Matuszkiewicz)/Montenois, France (a couple of times!)
- Kate (Kate Robinson)/Oshkosh, USA: 1 night
- Tina & Ross (Ziggeries)/ Portland, USA: 3 nights
- Marialba & Vicente (Marialba Maretti)/Sao Paulo, Brazil: 4 nights
- Luke (Luke Welch)/Tübingen, Germany : 4 nights
- Adrianno (Adrianno Lorenção)/Porto, Portugal: 4 nights
- Harley & Linnea (Harley Hefford )/Melbourne, Australia & Sweden: 8 nights
- Marianne & Guy (Guy&Marianne)/Québec City, Québec: 4 nights
- Dylan & his Alexis (Dylan Osborne)/Orlando, USA: 3 nights
- Melinda & Peter (Melinda Knudsen) / Adelaide, Australia & Copenhagen, Denmark : 6 nights
- Laura & Alex (Laura Joachim)/USA, 2 nights
- Heather & Eugene (Heather Marie)/Madison, USA: 6 nights
- Julja (met through a common CS-friend)/Riga, Latvia: 11 nights
- Robert (RBO)/Vancouver, Canada, 3 nights
- Lisa & Caitlin (Lisa Wong Caitlin Evenson)/ Elk Grove, USA: 4 nights
- Will (WILLBRYSON)/Edinburgh, Scotland, 2 nights
- Marianna (maz1985) / Brisbane, Australia: 11 nights
- Kimmy (Kimmy Stella) / Dallas (Texas), USA : 8 nights
- Nadiia & Alyona (Nadiia Kopersak)/Kiev, Ukraine : 4 nights
- Julia & her friend (Julia Kole) / Toronto, Canada : 2 nights
- a couple of foreigners friends I know outside of CS
- Nina, her brother & mome (Nina Nesturi) / Greece: 2 nights
- Arjang (Arjang Omrani) / Iran: 3 nights
- Gladys & Wang (Gladys Ng)/ Hong Kong, China: 3 nights
- Erin and Peter (ERINANDPETE) / Adelaide, Australia : 4 nights
- Rodney (Rodney Recor) / Los Angeles, USA : 2 nights
- Marie Lyne (Marie Lyne Boucher) / Montréal, Quebec (Canada) : 5 nights
- Kinga & her mom (Kinga Masztalerz) / Warsaw, Poland : 3 nights
- Kelsey Ellis (KELSO21) / Bishop, California /USA: 3 nights
- Sarah (CWORLDWNEWII) / Bonn, Germany: 2 nights
- Daniel & Maevey (Daniel Leufer, MAEVEY) / Galway, Ireland: 2 nights+1extra night at my gf's place
- Claire Lyse (France) & Dino (Croatia) / Norway: 2 nights
- Amandine (didine55). My beloved girl and love of my Life / Paris, France : a couple of times :)
- Alice (Alice Matuszkiewicz)/Montenois, France (many many times!)
- Anastasia (Anastasia V-M)/Bergen,Norway: 3 nights
- Oyvind (Oyvind Erland)/Stavanger,Norway: 3 nights
- Myriam (Myriam Cachemire)/Champigny sur Marne, France: 1 night
- Manning (Manning Bartlett)/Sydney, New South Wales, Australia: 3 nights
- Joanna (Joanna L)/Hobart, Tasmania, Australia: 5 nights
- Erin & Peter (ERINANDPETE)/Adelaide, South Australia, Australia: 3 nights
- Eray Hobikgil (HOBIQUEE)/Istanbul, Turkey: 7 nights
- Alex Gabriel (ALEX GABRIEL) / Mainz, Germany: 2 nights
- Camilo Ferreira (CAMILOFERREIRA) / Lima, Peru: 3 nights
- Amandine (Didine55) / Paris, France: many nights ;)
- Some other people I met randomly
Music, travels, exploration & adventure!
I'm also interested in history, culture, arts in general, philosophical stuff and mysterious things about life. Even though I don't know it very much, I feel close to the buddhist philosophy.
I also love hiking and photo (but I'm not a specialist at all...)
I now have a new hobby: bonsais! but I'm totally beginner.
I can talk for hours about the music I like, about guitar gear (sorry, I can be very boring with that!) and about my past-travels.
I enjoy cooking, but I need time and motivation for that.
I do yoga (Iyengar).
I'm also keen on with animes such as Saint Seiya, Les Mystérieuses Cités d'Or, ...
I'm mostly old school and I absolutely dislike rap/RnB.
Pink Floyd (I'm huge fan as you can't even imagine since I'm 14). I love their music, their lyrics. This band is really special to me...
My second fave band: The Beatles!
I also love John Butler Trio (I'm such in love with the song Ocean. I made the promise I will play it very well someday), U2, Radiohead, Led Zeppelin, Porcupine Tree, Explosions In The Sky, David Gilmour, Bob Marley, Sigur Ros, Jimi Hendrix, Damien Rice, Archive, Arctic Monkeys, Bob Dylan, Les Cowboys Fringants, Dave Matthews Band, Eric Clapton, BB King, John Lee Hooker, Peter Green, Lene Marlin, A Fine Frenzy, John Mayer, Rage Against The Machine, Muse, many other ones...
I'm also fond of jazz, lounge, ambiant, jazzy and chillout music.
Basically, I listen to many things but rap and RnB (sorry, cannot stand this kind of music!) with a predilection for old-school classic rocks (classics are immortal).
By the way, if you're curious, my musical stats are here: http://last.fm/user/fabshaka
Favorite album: Dark Side Of The Moon, Pink Floyd
Favorite song: Ocean, John Butler Trio (words are not enough to explain what I feel when I listen to it. It happened I cried...)
Fave movie: Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain, Tim Burton movies.
Books: The Silmarillion, The Lord Of The Rings, The Dark Tower, The Dark Half, Millenium Trilogy, Harry Potter ...
My favourites writers are JRR Tolkien and Stephen King.
I also like series: Lost, Heroes, The Flight Of The Conchords, Friends.
* Walking the Inca Trail and wandering in Machu Picchu. I felt like an Inca Pilgrim during this trek. An old dream from my childhood came true. Strange feeling to do it, to see the ruins throughout the path, and an unexplainable emotion when I finally saw Machu Picchu, very early int the morning of the 7th of september 2009 after having walked for 3 days in the Andes. Reaching the top of the Dead Woman's Pass the 2nd day was a great challenge :)
* Flying above Niagara Falls in a helicopter.
* Sailing with the whales in Tadoussac, Québec
* Walking for hours in the catacombs of Paris (a whole night more precisely).
* My 3 days in the outback, in the Red Centre, Australia. Uluru, Kings Canyon, the desert, sleeping outside: wonderful time :)
Uluru is probably the most amazing thing I have ever seen, it was kinda supernatural and I felt strange vibes, a kind of magic
* Pink Floyd live in Chantilly, 1991 for the Division Bell Tour. O.o I have no words to describe how great it was
* U2 live. Amazing gig, especially when they played my fave song, One, with the lights out with thousand of cell phones brightened in the stadium. And also the show during Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
* John Butler Trio live (I've seen them about 12 times), but one of those gigs was really special and I cried during Ocean.
* Meeting Amandine, my girl friend and the love of my life. I met her in such amazing and unbelievable ciscumstances...
I wish to learn other foreign languages, but for now I'm trying to improve my English and if I can help you to improve your French, I'd be very glad!
My philosophy's quite simple: if you surf my couch, my flat is yours (or almost). But please keep in my mind that you're a guest before all :)
Andorra, Australia, Belgium, Bolivia, Canada, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Peru, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, Vatican City State
Join Couchsurfing to see Mister Fab's full profile. It's free!View Full Profile