Not Accepting Guests
- Last login about 1 year ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Gregory and Heloise’s full profile. It’s free!
Enjoy life ... time is running
We come from Nice, in the French Riviera, where both of us were born. We used to host couch surfers in our very nice apartment, in the countryside.
From 2007 to early 2010 we lived in Madison (Wisconsin- USA) where I was a researcher in Exercise Physiology and Héloïse tought French to US students. Now we are back in France. Welcome to Lille. So far we really enjoy Lille: great restaurants, pubs, clubs and music. The weather is pretty bad though.
We are definitely concerned by what's happenning around us. We do believe in fair trade, we strongly think that what we do everyday, as simple as simple as recycling, turning off the light, not using air conditioning, etc., count to preserve the planet and its biodiversity.
We have many centers of interests (see below), including of course traveling. We like to meet new people and new cultures. This is why we went on couch surfing at first.
Carpe Diem. Enjoy life ... time is running.
It's definitely the kind of philosophy that drives our life.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
We host surfers and surf couches.
We also talk about CS to our friends.
We only had great experiences in couch surfing, whatever we hosted surfers or surfed couches.
- Daniel and Julien (USA)
- Robert (Australia)
- Julien (France)
- Helga (London, England)
- Rafa (Alajuela, Costa Rica)
- Joe and Kelly (L.A., USA)
- Kenneth (San Diego, USA)
- Traveling as much as we can
- Sports, such as mountain-biking, skiing, snowboarding, running or tennis ... this is not exhaustive
- We like to go out at night, for dinner, for drinks and for dancing. We like to shake on different sound tracks, ranging from Salsa (caliente) to Techno or Dance musik.
- We really like cinema too.
- Learning other languages is the kind of things we like to do especially when we travel
- pub crawls
- scuba diving
Music, Movies, and Books
We are very eclectic concerning cinema and music.
- The kind of movies we see are: Leon (The Professional in English ... yes this is a French Movie), The beautiful life, Traffic, Le diner de cons (a damned good comedy), Pulp Fiction, For the best and for the worst, The big Lebowski, Les bronzes (you need to meet with Jean-Claude Duss) ...
- The kind of music we listen to is: Ayo, Amy Winhouse, Daft Punk, Red Hot, True Love, The spanish Harlem orchestra, Africando, Hocus pocus, Louise Attack, Bob Marley, John Coltrane, Django Reinhardt ... it really depends of our mood.
- About books, I like easy stuff such as Mikael Connelly and his detective Bosh, or Christian Jacques. Heloise reads more Sartre, Simone de Beauvoir, Camus ...
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Skydiving on top of canyonlands national park (Utah, USA) and jumping from 25m (82 feet) in water in the canyon "La bollène" (South of France) were insane, jogging in Monument Valley was great, diving among the turtles in Mexico or Hawaii was terrific but we always hope the most amazing is to come.
Teach, Learn, Share
We like to share the French culture and of course the French cuisine.
If you insist we could probably initiate you to salsa as well.
Although we are new resident in Lille, we would be happy to show you around when we have time.
Countries I’ve Visited
Bolivia, Bulgaria, Chile, Costa Rica, Cuba, Italy, Mexico, Myanmar, Namibia, Peru, Spain, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
France, United Kingdom, United States