Wants to Meet Up
- Last login 8 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see MONICA XICA’s full profile. It’s free!
Ser feliç. La felicitat te la virtut de suprimir la vellesa - To be happy. Happiness suppresses the old age
"Hapiness is inside us"; ¿"For seeing well there isn't enough on opening the eyes, the heart also has to be opened"; ¿"Life is unpredictable, but not to live it thoroughly is the worst of the tragedies"; ...
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Hosted some great people, met with others for a beer,done a little surfing. All experiences "extremely positive", as they say on CS.
- Hosted Martin from Vienna (Dec 2007)
- Had a beer (or two) with Jeremy, Martin and Mariona. (Dec 2007)
- Thomas from Bremen (Jan 2008)
- Lars from Sweden (Feb 2008)
- Serafín (Sitges), Mònica and Sergio (Galicia) and Cosmin (Barcelona) (Jul 2008)
- Rudis and Aleks from Riga (Jul 2008)
- Ronny and Réka from Germany (Aug 2008)
- Juli, Elena, Silvia, Magalí, Lana, Anthony, Joan, Serafín and Simone (Oct 2008)
- Jakob (Mr.Mojito)from Milan (Nov 2008)
- Jakob's place in Milan!! (Sep 2008)
- Fête des Lumières in Lyon: What a great meeting! Merci to my hosts: Van and Celine (Dec 2008)
- Went skiing with Daniella and Ruben (Jan 2008)
- Met Martin, Roger, Raúl, Esther, Krisztián and other couchsurfers in Vienna (my first surfing experience! -Jun 2008)
- FREE HUGS CS MEETING IN BARCELONA (4 th July 2008). A wonderfull experience!!
- Climbed Pedraforca with Gábor and Cosmin (Aug 2008)
- BCN meeting in Golferich (Oct 2008)
- Organized Picking mushrooms event in my little village (Oct 2008): Crazy weekend!! I hosted Juli, Elena, Silvia, Magalí, Lana, Anthony, Joan, Serafín and Simone in my house, and my sister hosted Greg, Alex, Alicia, Mireya, Anibal and Eva. What a party!!
- Adrià and Lluisa from Tarragona (Apr 2009)
- Xavi, Marie, Lana, Jorge and Simone and climbed Pedraforca with them (Jul 2009)
- Anna, from Warsaw (Aug 2009)
- Adrià and Mercè, and their parents Dolors and Pep (Aug 2009)
- Barcelona invasion to Bordeaux (surfing chez Hélène) I really enjoy those days with Bordeaux group. Merci! (May 2009)
- Tina Colada and Wiwo's place, in Linz (Jun 2009)
- Barcelona weekends (july-aug 2009): I stayed with Irene, Gabriel and Ester.
- Sicily tour (Oct 2009): Lara (Milazzo), Giuseppe (Catania), Gianni (Ragusa), Kristi (Piazza Armerina), Alfredo (Petralia Sottana) and Ennio (Palermo). Thank you all for this nice experience
- Gianni and Milena's place in Ragusa again (Dec 2009)
- "Calçotada" in my village, with Lana, Magalí, Raul, Joan, Eva, Anibal, Simone, ... (Mar 2009)
- BIG (Barcelona International Gathering)Great Event!!(Jul 2009)
- Gianni from Ragusa (Apr 2010)
- Jost from Luzern (Apr 2010)
- Adam from Silesia (Aug 2010)
- Brahim's couch in Essaouira (Morocco): great experience during The Gnaoua World Music Festival! (Jun 2010)
- Ayla and Marcello's couch in Laconi - Sardegna (Oct 2010)
- Some beautiful excursions with Hiking around Catalonia group.
And I hope to meet more interesting people!!
I like travel, hiking in the mountains, ski, practise ioga, read, learn, dance, sing, whistle, play, laugh... Discover the world, but also spend long moments with my friends...
I love: mountains, trees, stones, books, friends, tea, beer, wine, yogurt, tomatoes, maps, compass, owls, witches, angels, devils, black color, sun, moon, snow, energy, freedom, traditional festivals...
Don't like: lies, snakes, pink color, dirt, violence, wars, ... Sorry, but I hate cooking!
The one that I like more is to hug everybody!
- world music
Music, Movies, and Books
Music: No special kind of music. A mix of many styles: U2, Bruce Springsteen, Texas, AC/DC, Gun's and Roses, Def Leppard, Sigur Ros, Bjorg, Jorge Drexler,...
Spanish Music: Joaquin Sabina, Marlango,...
Catalan Music: Sopa de Cabra, Els Brams, Skandol Public, ...
Occitan music: Nadau, Lou Dalfin, Bramatopin, ...
Also classical music: Bach, Grieg, Txaikovski, Ravel,...
Movies: Samsara, Out of Africa, Chocolat, Delicatessen, No man's land, Transpotting, A room with a view, Cube, Te doy mis ojos, Los lunes al sol, A.I. Artificial Intelligence, The name of the rose, Amelie, The mission, ...
Some authors and books that I like (it would be impossible to put them all):
- Classical: Boccaccio (Decameron), Stendhal (The Red and the Black), P.Choderlos de Laclos (Dangerous Liaisons), Walter Scott
- Spanish authors: Javier Cercas (Soldados de Salamina), Jose Luis Sampedro (La Vieja Sirena, La Sonrisa Etrusca)
- Catalan Authors: Quim Monzo
Teach, Learn, Share
I can teach about many things of Catalonia: history, geography, interesting places, legends... and, of course, our languaje: catalan. But also spanish or a little bit of occitan.
I want to learn more about myself through other persons. Everybody teaches me things every day, and sometimes in the most unsuspected way!
And I need to improve my english, my italian and my french!!
Countries I’ve Visited
Algeria, Andorra, Austria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Egypt, France, Germany, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Kyrgyzstan, Morocco, Nepal, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Romania, Slovenia, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States, Uzbekistan, Vatican City State
Countries I’ve Lived In