Maybe Accepting Guests
- Last login almost 2 years ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Fio Abril’s full profile. It’s free!
To be a Europtimist among a league of Eurosceptics
No need to get to personal right here. I just got curious after the stories of a friend.
Meeting (foreign) people is always interesting and by showing other people your part of the world makes one look different or more closely to it so that one can experience certain elements and aspects like never before.
Besides that, when going abroad couchsurfing looks like a nice way of meeting locals and getting inside information.
If visits lead to a lively network of contacts than that's a very welcome side effect.
In return for a couch or a bed somewhere, I would gladly help around the house or make dinner, no casualties from food poisoning among my friends up until now, or something else and if visitors like to express their eternal gratitude to me, they can always get me some plants, feel free.
I believe in doubt.
I try to follow the way of the Buddha through quantum physics and relativity.
Perfection is not of this world.
No parking on the dancefloor
Every day is a gift, even if it just brings a pair of old socks
Every human being is as a small pebble in a bag full of pebbles. The more the pebble has contact with the others, the more it will lose its sharp edges.
On the other hand people also need some quiet solitude or a form of introspection to keep their â
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
The test phase is about to end and I'm quite happy and comfortable with it. I think i might get actively involved and donate.
** I'm a would-be-COOKsurfer ***
(see here: www.couchsurfing.com/group_read.html?gid=228&post=1700352)
Surfing, Events & Meetings:
- Berlin May 2008
- Copenhagen July 2008
- Venezia and Vicenza + Padova November 2008
- London April 2009
- Wroclaw, Katna + Krakow May 2009
- Prague September 2009
- Sevilla October 2009
- Japan April 2010
- Madrid April 2010
- Köln June 2010
- Schärding/Linz July 2010
- Klagenfurt/Ljubljana July 2010
- Ferrara August 2010
- Düsseldorf November 2010
- London December 2010
- Nice July 2011
- Bologna April 2012
- Jennifer Urban from Denver in June 2008
- Born In The Run & Natashacs from Belgrado in July 2008
- Eric Hirsh from Toronto in Oktober 2008
- Diogo Sales from Rio/Dublin in November 2008
- Gabriela Hossu from Romania/Brussels in December 2008 for Anouk concert
- Zafer Kandemir from Izmir/Istanbul/Aachen January 2009 New Year Kick off event in Antwerp
- Koert Hougee from Rotterdam in January 2009 for New Year Kick off event in Antwerp
- Anna Mondrzejewska and friend from Poland in May 2009
- Ryan Johns from Washington/NYC in May 2009
- Verena from Stuttgard Germany in July 2009
- Kamil + Ewelina from Lublin Poland in July 2009
- Suhyoung and Eunyoung Son from Korea in August 2009
- Meredith Nadler from New Yersey/Berlin in August 2009
- Sandi Bozic from Ljubljana Slovenia in September 2009
- Josh & Ieva from Brussels/Japan & Lithuania in December 2009
- Emilia, Martyna and Karolina from Warsaw Poland in December 2009
- Rynell Cash from Detroit in January 2010
- Manu from Valenciennes in February 2010
- 'Katia' Ekaterina Tomilina from SPB in July 2010
- Kimberly Chin from Brooklyn NY in July 2010
- Alisha and Aram from Brisbane in October 2010
- Koert again with Marlous from R'dam in January 2011 for the New Year Kick off event in Antwerp
- Olga from Moscow/Cadiz and Luciano from R'dam in January 2011 for the New Year Kick off event in Antwerp
- Aviva and her daughter from a Kibbutz between Tel Aviv and Jerusalem in June 2011
+ various CS meetings.
Any thing that's interesting. Test me.
Music, Movies, and Books
To much to mention, to little place and time to do so.
COMEDY / W Allen / Coen Bros. / Taviani Bros. / Lynch / Chaplin / Von Stroheim / Godard / Harold Lloyd / Kubrick / Fassbinder / Youtubeâ
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Nearly drowned, got saved. Been to the moon and back. Made people happy or sad and I've seen almost 16% of this crazy planet
create your own visited country map
or write about it on the open travel guide
Teach, Learn, Share
I don't know if I should mention this but I took lessons in anthropology for two years as a free student while doing my steady lectures of Architecture. As a result I have a healthy interest in people’s lives and actions. No need to worry, for being watched or treated as a Guiney pig, though. I’m very discreet at it :)
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Morocco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, Syrian Arab Republic, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States, Vatican City State, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In