Not Accepting Guests
- Last login about 3 years ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Tanya’s full profile.
This profile is a kind of complementary to my boyfriend Anton's page so czech him out! :) https://www.couchsurfing.com/people/anton-startsev
As a guest, I am neat and quiet but always ready to join the conversation, tell you about art, history and Russian culture or talk on whatever it can be.
I study art history. It's my profession to know facts about your local museum, town hall or castle.
I can produce fairy dust.
If you're injured by Victorian children's literature (just like me), we can use it along with "lovely wonderful thoughts" to fly to Peter Pan's Neverland.
By all that I just mean shimmer particles of my eyeshadow being literally on any part of me except my eyelids. Beautiful but still not very persistent. Oops.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I do love travelling and I don't like the feeling of fear. Couchsurfing is a brave new world for me.
I DESIRE to prove that I'm real (I first appeared as a mention of Anton's girlfriend in a guest comment).
*joke for IT-specialists*
- art history
Music, Movies, and Books
I used to be a reading maniac when I was small and I believed that classic is the only respected sort of literature in adults' world. What a great mistake!
- Science fiction
- Stanisław Lem
- Joseph Brodsky
- Ray Bradbury
- John Tolkien
- Joanne Rowling
- Max Frei
I am not a cinema or a music fan. We can play a game: you name a known-by-everybody song or movie and I 96,71% don't know what you're talking about.
It's friends-tested, Anton-approved.
I'd love to try, though.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Playing 5+ different characters in a text role-playing game for 8 years
- Painted two walls in a DnD-cafe in fantasy style
- Won 6 all-Russian intellectual contests ('olympiads') for schoolchildren (that was hell)
- Started working as an olympiad-coach. I hope that my own experience helps to comfort beginners and bring them a part of my knowledge and luck
- Worked as a guide in three languages - French, English and Russian
Teach, Learn, Share
TEACH YOU HOW TO:
• Pronounce Russian sounds
• Write your name in Russian
• Play Russian card games
• Use vkontakte (betterFacebook)
• Say basic phrases in Russian, English, French and Czech, as well as in some other languages.
• About our home city
• About your city
• What does it have to do with Russia?
• What kind of fish are you?
• Where to go to Russia, if you want to see * enter the necessary *
• What is the meaning of the Malevich square and something else about art
What I Can Share with Hosts
WE ALSO CAN
• Sketch of tattoo
• Your portrait
• Your portrait in ancient Russian style
• Your home
• Mini comics about your life
• Any other cute animal
• Or not an animal
• Tiny sun or cloud
• Sketch of personal stickers for you
• You being in the cosmonaut's suit. Poyekhali!
• A cool business card in Latin or Cyrillic, or even in Elven language
• Not-scary-at-all monster
• A little poem for you or about you (with illustrations)
• Translate your poem into Russian
• A paper letter in a beautiful handwriting style
• A book or mini-album with drawings or poems
• A paper doll with a pair of suits
• Magic cloth-doll-talisman. Russian magic!
• If you have knitting needles and yarn, we can tie a small piece of fabric (because we will not have enough patience for the whole scarf 😨)
RECITE A POEM:
• in Russian (on the topic that you like)
• in your language (it will be fun at first, but then we will reach either to perfection or to despair)
• Some crazy russian food like okroshka
• Or something normal (pasta e.g.)
• Antosha - best Moscow'ish coffee
• Tinysha - delicious meat from meat ^_^
• A national meal of your country so you can put it on YouTube and collect 1million views
SING FOR YOU:
• Any Disney Princess song in Russian
• A couple of lyrical feast songs in Ukrainian
• Russian rock
• Russian song you are associated with
• Eurovision songs
• Anthem of your country or other song in your language (we will try hard)
TAKE A PHOTO OF YOU:
• With Tinysha in fairy costume
• Du jour
• A small luminous garland
• Russian souvenir (notCaviarOrMatrioshka)
• Advice in Russian fashion
• Play Blizzard games you like
• Show Russian movies that you may like. Or not. Just watch a good-old movie
• If you want to talk about it
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Russian Federation, Slovakia, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine
Countries I’ve Lived In